“Best eating experience in Guia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bistro Oasis Guia

Bistro Oasis Guia
Rua General Humberto Delgado Edificio MGE, loja 4, Guia, Albufeira 8200-447, Portugal
+351 289 561 923
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 23 Restaurants in Guia
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
North East of England
“Best eating experience in Guia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We are a family of 4 including 2 teenage boys. We have just returned from eatin
g a fabulous meal at this restaurant. We have tried 4 restaurants in Guia and this one is by far the best. The menu is so different and makes a refreshing change to the standard fayre of chicken piri-piri on offer at the other restaurants. We could see into the kitchen which was spotlessly clean. If we weren't away home tomorrow we would definitely be eating there again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Guia, Portugal
“I loved my meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Today me and my family strolled down to this restaurant. We had lovely service by a man who we thought owned the place. Anyway I will make it short it was amazing. :)

• Visited April 2013
mayo, Ireland
“The best restaurant in Guia - maybe Portugal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The very best. Food to die for and unbeatable service, from the waitress and the chef - a lovely guy from Nepal, but doesn't he know how to cook. Lovely ocotpus dips on the table with olives and bread to start with, and the shank of lamb was melt in the mouth. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

• Visited April 2013
Poole, United Kingdom
“Comfortable surroundings and good menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Four of us turned up here for my birthday, so we were looking to spend a few euros more than usual.

The Bistro Oasis is friendly, with attentive and helpful staff. They have table-cloths, if that sort of thing is important to you! The surroundings are attractive, and a chap was playing a keyboard (well); live music always has to be a plus.

The usual starters of Olives/bread etc were available, but we had a dish to share: filled potato skins and other tasty bits and pieces, a nice touch.

I ordered Fillet Steak in a Gorgonzola sauce (I know, nobody understands me), and there were three orders for lamb shanks.

When the Lamb Shanks arrived, the surrounding vegetables were cold, so we asked for them to be warmed. They were returned quickly, steaming hot. That said, everyone agreed that they were very good. Inbox me for details of the steak as I don't want to offend the more sensitive reader!

With two puddings, and drinks the bill came to about 80 euros... Pretty damned good as the food was excellent.

Definitely going to add this to my inner-circle of 'liked' places locally and will visit again soon. I'll just make sure I remind them about hot plates... :)

• Visited January 2013