My family (2 adults + 2 kids aged 3 years and 6 months) and I have just returned from our stay in CS Palm Village (27/06 - 06/07).
Unfortunately our stay was tainted from the beginning. We arrived at 3pm and having been assured whilst booking we could get access to our rooms from 2pm we were told our room wasn't ready and to "go for a walk and come back in 30 mins". With 2 small children who had been travelling for approx 6 hours this wasn't the news we wanted to hear. However, after another 2 visits to reception to check if it was ready we made our way to our room in block 2 on the 3rd floor (top floor). We quickly realised why our rooms werent ready - it was because they were probably still being built right up to us getting in them! The lift didnt work so we had to drag 2 pushchairs and hand luggage up the 3 flights of stairs although it could of been worse as our big cases were going to be brought up by hotel porters (more of that later!)
Got in the room and immediate thoughts were the cable from the TV ran the length of the room causing a severe trip hazard for my 3 year old daughter and indeed us. There wasa huge balcony with no furniture on at all and holes in the cupboards which we later found out was where the sink was going to be plumbed in!
The air con didnt work, the phone didnt work, we received no cases so i went to reception to complain - and subsequently had to visit 4 times and really push to get a manager in my room to agree that the air con was broke - Cue change of rooms!
2 of the most unhelpful hotel workers turned up and huffed and puffed but i ended up carrying all our unpacked cases and clothes and 2 pushchairs and 2 kids from block 2 to block 7. This room was better although beware a secret room in all suites in between the living room and bedroom - it has a balcony door although the room is sealed up from the inside. Yet another indication the hotel isn't ready is the fact that on our 3rd day 2 beanbags turned up as balcony furniture and on our last day 2 chairs at the end of the bed arrived!
Overall very disappointed as it was advertised as a family holiday destination however I found some reception staff incredibly unhelpful and the lack of anywhere for children to go (the advertised and i imagine included in the price of the holiday "Infant Playground" was nowhere to be seen)
Very disappointed indeed and feel betrayed and my holiday was tarnished as have paid top prices for half of the facilities. Such a shame as the hotel will be fantastic although the hotel & management have a responsibility to paying customers to ensure we get all the facilities we have paid for and if this is not the case to compensate us accordingly. You cannot expect great reviews if people are paying a lot of money to get a very average experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Village Suites, at Herdade dos Salgados, is perfect for families with children. With 10 outdoor swimming pools scattered throughout the extensive palm trees gardens, 4 of which exclusively for our youngest guests, be sure to work on your tan or savour cocktail in the pool bar, while the kids play in and out of the water. If you are a beach person, then a short walk on the wooden pathway is enough to cover the distance to the sea. By night time, after dinner at one of our restaurants, relax in the wide balcony of room. All this in the ideal resort for a family vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Palm Village Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Palm Village Hotel Guia
- Palm Village Suites Portugal/Guia, Algarve