“A warm welcome from the owners.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Asimina Studios

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skiathos Town
Asimina Studios
You added Asimina Studios to your Saves list
Nr. Tennis Club, Skiathos Town, Greece   |
“A warm welcome from the owners.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

These apartments are very basic. They are reasonably well maintained with all that you need to get through a weeks' holiday. The owners Asimenia is very friendly and she presented me with some eggs from her own chickens and also a giant pomegranate from her orchard . The sound of chickens and sheep tend to start well before dawn . The rooms are all on the ground floor with shared balcony which is great if you get along with the neighbours . This is usually fine as people on holiday are usually happy and sociAble and it suited me ok though I think some people may prefer a little more privacy. The score for cleanliness is quite low as the bins were only emptied and towels changed once during my stay. If you need a small towel as well as a large on for wrapping your hair in then you'll need to being one with you. In high season the rooms will be hot but fans are available to rent , currently for 2 euros a day. There is no safety deposit box. The location I'd good. A short walk to the town and all the bars and restaurants . A point to consider is the timing of your visit. The last week of he season is early here. End of September and all the trips finish before it and bars, restaurants start to close up. The last 2 days of my stay saw torrential downpours and flooded streets. I'd advise going no later than mid September. I'd also take an umbrella and raincoat in case although you can buy them here. The oasis apartments bar just round the corner has a nice pool , a friendly welcome and serves food and drink all day. It also has free wifi. All in all it was a good week and I would return to Skiathos which is a very beautiful island. The bus service is also great . There is a clear map showing the numbers of all the stops and they shout them out when you get there so you don't miss your stop. It's only about 2 euros a trip too.

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
west yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

hi i stayed here on my own for 1 week my first time ever abroad and on a plane and i was realy happy their a very friendly atmosphere was made welcome by everybody being on my own idthought i would be left out but no i fitted right in like a family member asimina family were very nice wish i had stayed longer and got to know them more i will go their again i felt so relaxed and safe even walking around the town late at night their were no crime at all people could leave their bikes with keys left in, in some cases .
walking up the main street was good shops stayed open untill around 11pm good atmosphere i sat on the seats at the clock tower a few evenings just taking in the views over looking the town untill the sun set this area was also used for the opening scene in the film mamamia .
the boat trips are to die for i went on poisidon its a bit smaller but it was able to get right up to the beaches so you could just walk down the plank on to the beach i visited the chapel on the hill i called it the mamamia chapel i signed the visitor book here i would recomend this trip if your lucky their are dolphins that follow the boat i missed them this time hope to see them next time
a wonderfull time i had no complaints at all please go if your a young couple its a very romantic place to go and get married

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed here with my mum at the end of july for a week,we got a taxi from the airport as it is that close not worth the transfer fees the tour operator offers.We paid 8 euros not bad really..we actually walked back at the end of the holiday its not far...15min max. Being close to the airport,you would think it would be noisy but its not, yes you can hear the odd planes coming in and taking off but its not bad.
The studios are fantastic they have everything you need and are very clean.I would recommend you ask Asimina for a fan to hire as it does get very hot at night in the rooms..there is no air con.Asimina also leaves you tomatoes and eggs, we also got a huge block of feta cheese too.
Although the studios do not have a pool you can use the neighbouring hotels, i would reccomend the Oasis Hotel its less than a 5min walk from the studios.Town isnt far away at all,all in all a fab holiday, a beautiful island with plenty to do.A boat trip around the island is a must and also a visit to koukanaries beach.The bus stop is in town by the harbour, they run regularly.Beer is predominantly 3 euros anywhere you go...although more expensive along the old harbour.I will be returning to Asimina studio in the future, once you have discovered this little gem you to will want to come back again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here in August 2009 and I never did a review.
It jogged my memory when I recently visited Kolios and went to say hello to Asimina and she remembered me and asked after my son.
Asimina often gives gifts from her garden such as lemons (G&T time!!), fruit and eggs.
Had a lovely week here. Brand new studios but the older ones were just as nice. Excellent bathroom, with a little lip down into the shower area.
Kitchen all new and equipped with the essentials. No kettle, so bring a travel one with.
5 minutes walk into town with all the bars, tavernas, shops and the lovely harbour.
Used the pools at the Oasis, Stellina Hotel and Tennis club, made welcome at all places.
I am looking to book again in May next year but the choice is so good here I don't know which place to pick.
Thanks Asimina, sorry I took so long to give you a well deserved thank you.

Room Tip: All on ground floor with shared terrace but no one bothers you.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed here for a week in mid-May. The studios are a good size in a quiet and restful location on the edge of Skiathos Town. While close to the end of the runway this is a small airport with few flights and the noise of planes taking off was infrequent and not overly obtrusive. The studios were very clean and reasonably well equipped. The terrace is north facing so is well shaded for most of the day. There is no air-conditioning which might be a problem for some come mid-season.
I did a couple of good walks while on the island. Surprisingly for Greece there are some well maintained and way-marked footpaths. Walks are outlined in a couple of locally available books. The book by a German chap called Ortwin Widmann is the better as there are reasonable maps and the guides are referenced to the way-marking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

i stayed here in may 2011 with my sister for my birthday & was really pleased with my stay.Asimina looked after us really well & every other day we were left gifts of fresh eggs layed by her hens & dough balls & syrup she had made for her & her family who by the way were lovely & friendly.i am currently trying to book another holiday here & i am trying to stay in the same place again as both myself & my sister found no fault in our stay here.would reccomend Asimina to anyone who wants to enjoy the peace & tranquil of real greece.....<3

Room Tip: if your not into clubing then dont stay in july & august when clubs are open and they are only a...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
west yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

hi
We stayed here in sept 2011 for 14 days,we had a great stay and found Asimina and her husband very welcoming!
We had a pleasant room but it did get very warm .Asimina will let you hire a fan for a small charge (but we managed without)
The beds were pushed together as they only have singles but this wasnt much of a problem.
there wasnt a kettle so take a travel one if needed.
There is a fridge and a 2 ring hob.
all kitchen wear is provided if required.
you share a balcony with the other studios but this was ok as we was always chatty with our fellow holiday makers and shared the best beaches with them in conversation to find!
we chose to hire a moped for 11 days and this was great for us... we got all over the island and saw some unseen stunning views.the place were we hired from was called something wheels and was very reasonable.located opersite marina,the man looked like David Blaine hehe.
we were very close to the airport but the noise wasnt a problem (my partner is plane mad so great for sight seeing were they take off and land ... we felt like we could touch the aircraft!)
plenty of shops and bars too.
we enjoyed two boat trips and great to share were the film mama mia was filmed and to see the location for real.
just one downside monday nights is greek night and you can hear the music very late from behind asiminas at the tennis club.seems we went at a great time of year as upto the weeks before the night clubs run all night and can be very noisey from here,we never had any problem,
got lots of stunning pictures.overall had a fantastic holiday and very good value for money.would recommend highly. a really tradional greek stay.
ps the bakerys are to die for...try lemon pie mmmmmmm
will return to this island and would stay at asimina studios again :)

Room Tip: all the rooms are the same
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Asimina Studios? Share your experiences!