“Don't Waste Your Money .....” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Don't Waste Your Money .....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Scuna Restaurant is right on the seafront, near the club strip in Skiathos Town and looks amazing with very modern comtemporary decor and views to die for. The menu is on display outside the restaurant and certainly looks very tempting ... do not be fooled.
The restaurant was very busy but we were seated quickly, given menus and our drinks order taken.
Our starters were promptly received and were good but not the best I had whilst in Skiathos.
For main course I had ordered Vegetable Risotto, my husband Chicken and Potato cassserole and my daughter Chicken Farafelle in a blue cheese sauce.
All were dreadful .. my risotto was not creamy as it should be but more like a bowl of salty boiled rice with mushy vegetables.
My husbands Casserole featured some chicken but the potatoes turned out to be a mixture of sliced potatoes and and the rest made up with chips - hardly authentic .........
The best was yet to come however when my 10 year old daughter found a lengthy piece of string amongst her pasta.
I complained to the head waiter as soon as I could prise him away from passing his telehone number on to girls young enough to be his daughters in the restaurant and the dish was replaced 10 mins later. Needless to say my daughter was disgusted and couldn't eat the replacement.
The waiter didn't bother to come and check if the new dish was ok but went back to flirting with the girls.
Needless to say we didn't pay for my daughter dish, left quickly and certainly didn't leave a tip.
There are so many excellent restaurants in Skaithos Town ... save your money and give this one a miss.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
“Great view of Ski Town, typically competent food, poor/ miserable service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Poor service makes it one to avoid as food no better than others .

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
athens
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Very friendly personnel, smiling and willing to serve you. Delicious food, nice atmosphere.

Small portions, and a bit expensive.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fowey, United Kingdom
“Lovely Restaurant in a superb location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We ate here 3 times in 11 nights on Skiathos and enjoyed wonderful food and very good service. We normally eat before 8pm so can only think that others might have eaten later. We would thoroughly recomend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Greece
“only bad memory from Skiathos”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I was in Skiathos for vacation with my family this past week and I had a wonderful time there. My only bad memory was from having lunch at Scuna. It's in a very nice location on the Club Strip with a very nice view of the harbour. Quite a lot of people eat there, so we thought it should be worth it. But unfortunately it isn't. The food quality and quantity is not good enough for the money you pay. Go there just for the view and eat somewhere else. It's not a place to recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere