“Relaxing & Peaceful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luisa by the Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavelossim
Luisa by the Sea
You added Luisa by the Sea to your Saves list
Mobor,Cavelossim, Cavelossim 403731, India   |
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Relaxing & Peaceful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Louisa by the Sea is a very relaxing & quiet mix of villas set in an ideal location within a short walk to the amazing beach, restaurants & shops. Villa 'Sunshine' was the ideal accommodation for us, spacious, & comfortable, with a wonderful verandah, overlooking the pool, & lush gardens, watered every day. Many an evening, after returning from the restaurants,was spent sitting on the swing chair, with the cool breeze from the fan, enjoying the relaxing atmosphere. All our requirements were met and with or without maid service, we enjoyed a wonderful stay in 'Sunshine' and will certainly return again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
annaho, Owner at Luisa by the Sea, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear Sarn56,

Thank you for spending your holidays with us, and for your nice comments. I’m glad your stay with us was enjoyable. Comments such as your make us try even harder to make sure that our valued guest leave us with fond memories.
We all look forward to welcome you back assuring you an unforgettable second stay .
Warm Regards from all of us.

Jean-Pierre

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I returned to Luisa by the Sea after spending Xmas and New Year 2011/12 here. Unfortunately the standard of the cottage this year (Jan 2012) was dissapointing. Luisa is a very down market resort but quiet has a lovely charm about the gardens not manicured a bit wild in places but you know you are in India. The cottage Sunshine needed a thorough clean from top to bottom so I would recommend to Jean-Pierre that he changes his cleaning staff or at least inspects the proppert before letting to people. The overall cleanliness of the bedding and towels were also questionable. The maids did minimal cleaning not even emptying the toilet bin each day. I mentioned all this whilst there and had expected a brief email from the owner on my return from Luisa to address the comments, however there has been nothing so I have written the review to be fair to others that Sunshine may live up to expectations. Nothing that soap and water cannot repair and perhaps a quieter air conditioner would have made the stay a bit more comfortable. Do follow advice about using the safe for valuables even small amounts of cash should be locked away. I would still recommend Luisa but advise travellers to check out reviews of individual cottages rather than the resort itself.
Follwing Luisa we went to Palolem Guest House which was spotlessly clean for a quarter of the price and would not hesitate to recommend this.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
annaho, Owner at Luisa by the Sea, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear BuntyNewZealand,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Luisa by the Sea, in Villa Sunshine .
But …! Let me tell you that I am very surprise as you never told me or send me a Mail due to the fact that I was not on site during your stay , telling me about your concern witch would have bin taken care very easily ….! Or just with a smile ask or told the Maid to empty your basket or what ever ; our staff typically gets high marks from our guests which is the reason for our high return guest rate.
I did send you a Mail after your departure witch I do send to all our guests asking for feedback and thought , you would have the decency to answer…..!
Again, thank you very much for your comments and please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment caused.

With my best regards,

Jean-Pierre
Ile de France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

The ad described a "vacationer's ultimate dream, exclusive holiday homes set in a prestigious condominium" with swimming pool. That is much overrated by western standards. But then, those who do not know the local context should be aware that hyperbole is a national passtime in India and hospitality facilities overpriced in comparison to the Asian area and even to some European destinations.

I had booked one 2-bedroom villa for a well deserved 2 week vacation with Sophie George of Condor Holidays at Luisa by the sea at the beginning of December 2011.

The condo was off the main road and very peaceful but one was under the impression of an 80's property that wanted to be on the luxury side but did not get proper maintenance through the years. Some villas, especially those along the river are luxurious indeed, but some look really worn out and neglected, tarnished by mould, and so did the common areas. Within the gardens there was some dump area. The swimming pools were only cleaned on the surface but not vacuumed so all the dirt macerates in the bottom and they don't seem to have a proper filtering/pump system. So we had 2 swimming-pools on site but never used them after one first and last intent.

Villa 56 where we stayed was fine and quite fairly equipped but most of the mosquito nets had holes, and did not offer an efficient protection against the voracious and numerous big black mosquitoes. I almost slashed by leg on the salient nails hidden by the cushion of one of a broken ratan chair before requesting to have it removed. The inverter was only working for 3 seconds until on the 10th day I tried turn it on manually after the power went off.

But my main criticism would point toward the global attitude of Mrs. George who demonstrated very little aptitude for the hospitality business. She repeated several times she was living within the condo but the times I called her she was never on site and seem to be avoiding us and only too willing to put the blame on us for what was not working.

She had offered the taxi pick-up so I took the precaution to advise previously that there would 3 of us + 2 babies and quite some pieces of luggage. We arrived in the evening and the Toyota Camry type that was waiting for us had only storage space for 2 suitcases. For a bigger car we were asked to pay an extra 1200 rupees. I called Mrs. George but all she could say was that this was the vehicle she regularly utilized. I wonder how she manages when she has a family booking for one month…Anyhow, the taxi driver was very diligent and found us an alternative non A/C Maruti Suzuki Wagon.

When we arrived at the villa, we were "greeted" in a non-conformist way by Mrs. George who seemed to be under stress, never ask if we had a good journey or wished us a pleasant stay, and in a hurry to go through all the things we should not do with the villa equipment: as for instance, not manipulate the aircon remote as it would only mess up the setting. I asked what if we were too cold. Answer was: "you can always turn it off"...One night we had forgotten to turn off the fan on the terrace and she popped up after an evasive hi! to switch it off then withdrew as fast as she had come. We notified the pools were not clean and Mrs. George went to inspect them herself in the company of other owners but nobody found anything abnormal.

In the ad on the property I had seen that we could order breakfast on site but Mrs. George just took away the menu as she preferred not to offer this service as she had received too many complaints before. 2 days before our departure, she called to ask me if we were leaving today (how could she not know if she was my contact for the reservation!). I replied that we will be leaving on Saturday early morning to catch our flight at 11h00. And she said "Oh find then.The next customer are arriving at 11h00 that same day". Speaking of hospitality and customer service attitude...

Afterwards she wrote me an email to say that she had never stated that it was a luxury property and, anyway, what should I expect for the price...rate was almost 100 US$ per day...

You should also be aware that there is no bakery or coffee parlour in the resort and the fresh staples supplies are very limited unless you rent a motorized vehicle to go farther north to Varca market or Margoa main town.

So no, I will not go again or recommend Luisa by the Sea, or at least not with Condor Holidays.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Luisa by the sea is a wonderful place to stay in South Goa. The villas are very spacious with some of them having a swimming pool. The area around the villas is very well maintained. If you are not that keen about staying in a typical hotel, then Luisa by the sea is definitely the best option for a relaxed and a hassle-free holiday in Goa.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
joie_devivre69, Owner at Luisa by the Sea, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your experience at Luisa by the sea and that is exactly what we try to make it your home away from home.
Do drop us a line at luisabythesea@gmail.com.
See you again soon
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

we stayed here in november and we had a very comfortable stay in this villa, we found it very relaxing to be able to come and go as we please. We felt very safe here also its not noisy at night and well guarded by security. The villa is well equipped and any problems we had were sorted straight away by Sunita who owns the villa. The swimming pools are very nice and cleaned daily. I would like to book this villa again for next season. and would highly reccomend this to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your appreciation of Villa 59.
You were delightful and such elegant guests.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Drop us a line at joie_devivre69@hotmail.com or call (91)9821081420
Check ou the latest happennngs on our facebook page Goa Holiday at Luisa by the sea Cavelossim

A bientot
Sunita Saldanha
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Me and my hubby visited this place from 15th to 18th sept 2011 as we had a conference in south goa.
Of course being an off season we knew about the pool being non functional.,but there were no lights on the property near the villa we stayed..
We stayed in villa 65 under the name of goan sand villas..which was pool facing..
The A.C. studio villa was very nice and relaxing with beautiful greenery and flowers around. It also had a fridge, TV, gas, utensils if anyone wished to cook.
For eating , we went to the nearby Mike's place and Hungry Shark.
Hungry Shark is located along the river side and has nice ambience and food..
Do not forget to visit the Fisherman's Wharf near Holiday Inn Resort, for dinner with their live band, the river by the side and excellent food and service, it was really amazing..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dundee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

This was our second trip with Sophie George and I have to say,she excelled herself with this one,she could not have been more helpful,always smiling and there if you needed her,the girls who cleaned the room were scrupulous,constantly smiling and singing while they worked,the pool was excellent and cleaned very morning,and the position of the estate couldn't be better(right in the centre of the village)the villa we had was right on the pool side and spotless,it had plenty of space and a nice veranda,the security guards walked round theaea most of the day,and were at the gates all night(not that we felt we needed them)I would definately recommend these villas for a comfortable,safe and peaceful stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Luisa by the Sea? Share your experiences!