Just got back from a 2 week stay at the Dona Sylvia, nice hotel, great service, friendly staff, nice grounds, but must say the food was not to my liking, I know we were in India ( I like Indian food as much as the next person) but not curry for breakfast (even the smell put me off in the morning), eggs were readily available and the toast was ok, the food in the evening in my opinion was awful, in fact me and my girlfriend only ate there the once even though we went A/I, we tended to eat at the beach shacks win wins was our preferred choice, Ganesh (Arthur Daley) & Ganesh were brilliant they could not do enough for you, anything you wanted Arthur got for us, even sorting out a mobile phone for my G/F so she could phone home most days, ate & drank there every day (our most expensive bill was approx. 1200 Rupees, 120 Rupees for a litre bottle of Bud & food was good as well.
we ate out nearly every evening either Mikes Place or Goan Village & prices are very cheap, 2 or 3 drinks each and a main meal you pay no more the 1000 Rupees.
We had a trip to the elephants & spice plantation, do not go on the Thomson trip as it is a lot cheaper to it yourself (save about £20) Taxi with Elvis he was brilliant, he even came out his way to find us in the evenings to see if we were ok.
Was planning a trip to Mauritius next year but put that to bed & are going back to Goa, not in the Dona Sylvia, but in apartments overlooking the Goan Village (approx. £400 for 2 weeks) Edwin the owner also owns WIN WIN beach shack is one hell of a guy and can't do anymore to make you feel at home.
I would recommend Goa to anyone thinking about visiting one hell of a country
Can't wait to go back next year and see my 2 good mates Ganesh (Arthur) & little Ganesh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Dona Sylvia is spread over 20 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens on the southern coast of Goa, it nestles by the soft white sands of Cavelossim beach. The Resort offers comfortable air-conditioned rooms with all modern amenities in Mediterranean style villas with balconies and open sit-outs. The Resort has excellent conference facilities, extensive options for outdoor events / theme parties and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dona Sylvia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dona Sylvia Beach Hotel Cavelossim
- Dona Sylvia Beach Cavelossim
- Dona Sylvia Hotel Goa
- Dona Sylvia Beach Resort Goa/Cavelossim