Great hotel in a perfect location on the beach at Cavelossim, Mobor, Goa. The hotel consists of clusters of small one and two storey buildings which stretch down almost to the beach itself, some with balconies. The apartments/rooms are fairly basic but are all air conditioned, cleaned daily, with a TV, telephone, kettle with tea and coffee (and mineral water) replenished daily. Because they are all located in little enclaves, they all look out onto an area of small manicured grounds where you can see birds, chipmunks and even the occasional monkey!
We've been here twice over the Christmas and New Year period and the hotel really make an effort at this time of year with all of the grounds lit up with thousands of Christmas lights.
The staff are friendly, many of them recognising us from the previous year.
Even though we were there on an all-inclusive basis, we seldom ate in the hotel - not that there was anything wrong with the food, it's just that you can get better food and very cheaply in restaurants outside plus to be honest we aren't really the typical package holiday types and like to get out and about. We did however have breakfast at the hotel most days and it was fine with a good selection from yoghurt and fruit, toast, eggs (any way you like), pastries and an array of Indian breakfast curries and breads.
The negatives are very few - you have to pay for wifi and by Indian standards it is very expensive (around £12 for 24 hours) and depending on where your accommodation is in the resort it often fails to work, sometimes for days on end. The two non all-inclusive restaurants aren't really up to scratch when compared with what is on your doorstep and are overpriced (try Mike's Place, Betty's Kitchen, Goan Village or for a treat, the Fisherman's Wharf). Last gripe would be the 'entertainment' although A) we never really stayed in the hotel at night time for long so it didn't really bother us and B) whilst it may not be to our taste, I'm sure there are people who like it - basically a series of pub singers, singing old songs poorly almost every night - very Butlins circa 1960!
Our only wish is that we could book this hotel on a non all-inclusive basis as it's great place, in a great location right on one of the best beaches in Goa with super-friendly staff.
Overall - I'd definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Dona Sylvia is spread over 20 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens on the southern coast of Goa, it nestles by the soft white sands of Cavelossim beach. The Resort offers comfortable air-conditioned rooms with all modern amenities in Mediterranean style villas with balconies and open sit-outs. The Resort has excellent conference facilities, extensive options for outdoor events / theme parties and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Dona Sylvia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dona Sylvia Beach Hotel Cavelossim
- Dona Sylvia Beach Cavelossim
- Dona Sylvia Hotel Goa
- Dona Sylvia Beach Resort Goa/Cavelossim