“Our trip to Holiday Inn Resort Goa” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Cavelossim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai
“Our trip to Holiday Inn Resort Goa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had an awesome time at Holiday Inn Goa! This is a magnificiant property spread over a large area, with access to a clean and private beach.

The Food is amazing, and staff extremely friendly! Good stuff!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Polish first
Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have been to most of the good resorts in south goa including Taj , Ramada , Mojarda , Kenilworth , Hyatt but holiday inn , eventhough not worst , was not enjoyable ! I am not a "difficult to please " Guest but I am forcing myself to write some of the annoying experience as below :

1) Rooms ( mine was Pool Plaza ) do NOT have mirror - Only mirror available is inside bathroom area ... I have not seen a good resort or even a basic bed-n-breakfast hotel not to have mirror in the room ...so every time you comb your hairs or get into new clothes, you have to go to washroom to see yourself.....

2) Rooms do not have door bell - So every time someone comes , has to "knock" the door .....and if you do not have good ears , there are chances you may miss some room service orders - deliveries...

3) The swipe cards to open the door never worked at one go - You have to keep trying !!

4) EWC do not have jet spray ....!! Only toilet papers and a tumbler !

5) The pricing they offer is at par with other good resorts around as mentioned above but room quality - type is "below par" among all ... most basic and definately NOT 5 Star.....

6) The resort seems to be paying good commission to "travel agents "and hence you can find restaurants , swimming pool and all common areas "crowded and noisy " most of the times ........The restaurants were always over crowded and running "over time" to serve the Guests....Needless to say , you can see long ques at "made to order" counters...

6) After spending 4 days , something more annoying was waiting to happen ..... While checking out , the reception staff asked me to pay additional Rs 500 for the small broken glass top of balcony service table. I told them Glass was kept loose on table's open frame and it was very much likely that it would have collapsed one or other way even with slightest movement. I told them we were fortunate that my daughter was not around when this happened otherwise it would have injured her but they were not too happy to listen this ..... Also at this point , suddenly the behaviour changed and some manager named "Anshul' rudely asked me to check out immediately as we have already passed our time of 12 noon and there were "many" check ins waiting ( which I did not see around ) . In any case, it was just half an hour more before our departure was fixed to airport and they could have offered one room out of the 2 rooms we had - to stay back for 30 minutes.... but I believe this "Rs 500" argument suddenly showed the colors ... Absolutely absurd !!!

Some positive notes -)

1) The lads at restaurant did everything possible to take care of Guests despite crowded conditions............Joy , Joston , James , Ashken , Jiji - All did their jobs exceedingly well..... The captain also came forward a couple of times to check around whether we liked the food and it was a good gesture !!!!!! Restaurant and its staff were the only positive things in the resort !

2) The lobby is designed nicely - though looks more like a business hotel lobby ...

3) Another lady at reception ( I dont remember her name ) who wears uniform of black trouser and shirt - was very good in Guest relations and I found her always smiling !!!!! Good !!!

4) The girl at Kids activity room was also good.. she took all the care and made sure my 4 years old daughter had a great time ....Thanks Sherley ( I hope this is her name ) ..

In short, Holiday inn is not my kinda resort - (

Hope this helps....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Goa, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear tulsiMumbai,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. I want to assure you that your comments about the room conditions have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

went to goa with friends and the proeprty is too good, beach is very near by and pool is also good, rooms are specious, food is proper ( could have been better ), bar and overall setup was too good, will suggest this property to friends for sure

goa is a place, where we can repeat our trips then this property is worth a try

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent property in Goa. Right on the beach with lush green big open area and all amenities. Rooms are nice and well maintained. Bathroom fixtures need improvement but this is a very minor problem against all other very nice things. Superb location, well mannered staff and prompt service. Good experience !

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Experience :- Fantastic is the only word that comes to my mind.
I was a little apprehensive on selecting this hotel. But after much research done on Trip advisor and other websites i selected it and good that i went for this hotel.
I had been to Holiday INN last year-July period.My kid was very small and I couldn't go out for sight seeing n stuff though it was included in the package.
The property is really good and they have their own private beach.The best part of the Private beaches is that there is less crowd and the beach is entirely yours.
Garden :-There is small garden for kids which has a swing and a slide and 2 plastic ducks or something to play.
Swimming pool :-The swimming pool for adults was really big and was less crowded. The kids swimming pool is pretty small if you compare it with the adults swimming pool. But both the pools were clean.
Spa :-The spa services were good. I had gone for full body massage and head massage. Trust me it was very relaxing.
Service In restaurant :- I should say it was fabulous. The staff scores full marks here. They were really prompt in arranging the baby food without any fuss. Like i asked them to make khichdi for my lil one which they did n then i asked them to grind it twice as the consistency was not proper (according to me) which they did without raising any eyebrow.
Room service:-The room service was also good. I had called up them up at 2am in the morning for milk which they got in few seconds after the call. They sterilized the milk bottles on request. They changed the linen twice as my baby puked twice. They also arranged for a doctor for my kid. They did all these things with a smile on their face. The staff is kids friendly. I would suggest couples having kids in their tow should go for this hotel without thinking twice.
Rooms :- The rooms are good & clean.I would not say they are spacious but they are enough for a couple and a kid to move around. The bathroom had a bathtub which was clean and all fixtures were in place and in good working condition & with all the basic toiletries like soap , shampoo , conditioner, brush , paste etc.
Check -in & check out - was smooth.
Airport pick n drop :- the driver came to pick / drop us on time.
Most important part i.e. Food :- Trust me the variety that this place offers is really amazing. The spread was really good with veg & non -veg both varieties included. We had taken meals inclusive package. For e.g. for breakfast there were 4 types of juices , cornflakes n milk , tea ,coffee, desserts , bread, jam, butter, various types of fruits, croissants, South Indian items , (once had) kheema pav, eggs (boiled , scrambled etc), other veg n non veg items which i am unable to recollect now. Both meals were mouth watering.

All in all it was a good experience and i will surely come back here again......

Room Tip: Take the pool side room for a better view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We travelled to this resort in the month of October with two kids. We stayed for 5 days and following are the highlights

The postive points:
- Beach
- Good food.. or...should I say Great!
- Courteous hotel staff (especially the retaurant team)
- Spacious gardens
- Good room service (especially with kids)
- Activity zone for kids

Not so good points:
- Small pool (well maintained though)
- Round the clock food not available
- Can get very busy with weddings, parties, etc...
- Far from all tourist attractions. My suggestion is to spend the
time in the resort rather than take the trip to see the sights.

This is definitely a place I have recommended to my friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous wedding at Holiday Inn, Goa. I was there for a week and I have to say that the hotel and its excellent staff more than met my expectations! (as well as the bride and groom's!). From the time we checked in to the time we left, the hotel staff was courteous, friendly and very helpful. The beach wedding arranged by the hotel and its planners, was out of this world!! The hotel arranged various functions over the week and the food was fab and the desserts even better! Most of the foreign guests were left speechless.
Would go there again and again....wedding or no wedding! :-)..

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are lovely. However, no long mirrors in the rooms :-(..got one quickly on...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Goa? Share your experiences!