I have been to most of the good resorts in south goa including Taj , Ramada , Mojarda , Kenilworth , Hyatt but holiday inn , eventhough not worst , was not enjoyable ! I am not a "difficult to please " Guest but I am forcing myself to write some of the annoying experience as below :
1) Rooms ( mine was Pool Plaza ) do NOT have mirror - Only mirror available is inside bathroom area ... I have not seen a good resort or even a basic bed-n-breakfast hotel not to have mirror in the room ...so every time you comb your hairs or get into new clothes, you have to go to washroom to see yourself.....
2) Rooms do not have door bell - So every time someone comes , has to "knock" the door .....and if you do not have good ears , there are chances you may miss some room service orders - deliveries...
3) The swipe cards to open the door never worked at one go - You have to keep trying !!
4) EWC do not have jet spray ....!! Only toilet papers and a tumbler !
5) The pricing they offer is at par with other good resorts around as mentioned above but room quality - type is "below par" among all ... most basic and definately NOT 5 Star.....
6) The resort seems to be paying good commission to "travel agents "and hence you can find restaurants , swimming pool and all common areas "crowded and noisy " most of the times ........The restaurants were always over crowded and running "over time" to serve the Guests....Needless to say , you can see long ques at "made to order" counters...
6) After spending 4 days , something more annoying was waiting to happen ..... While checking out , the reception staff asked me to pay additional Rs 500 for the small broken glass top of balcony service table. I told them Glass was kept loose on table's open frame and it was very much likely that it would have collapsed one or other way even with slightest movement. I told them we were fortunate that my daughter was not around when this happened otherwise it would have injured her but they were not too happy to listen this ..... Also at this point , suddenly the behaviour changed and some manager named "Anshul' rudely asked me to check out immediately as we have already passed our time of 12 noon and there were "many" check ins waiting ( which I did not see around ) . In any case, it was just half an hour more before our departure was fixed to airport and they could have offered one room out of the 2 rooms we had - to stay back for 30 minutes.... but I believe this "Rs 500" argument suddenly showed the colors ... Absolutely absurd !!!
Some positive notes -)
1) The lads at restaurant did everything possible to take care of Guests despite crowded conditions............Joy , Joston , James , Ashken , Jiji - All did their jobs exceedingly well..... The captain also came forward a couple of times to check around whether we liked the food and it was a good gesture !!!!!! Restaurant and its staff were the only positive things in the resort !
2) The lobby is designed nicely - though looks more like a business hotel lobby ...
3) Another lady at reception ( I dont remember her name ) who wears uniform of black trouser and shirt - was very good in Guest relations and I found her always smiling !!!!! Good !!!
4) The girl at Kids activity room was also good.. she took all the care and made sure my 4 years old daughter had a great time ....Thanks Sherley ( I hope this is her name ) ..
In short, Holiday inn is not my kinda resort - (
Hope this helps....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at a picturesque plot with wide beach front on the Mobor Beach, Cavelossim in south Goa. It is 17kms from Margao and 42kms from the Goa airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Holiday Inn Goa
- Holiday Inn Cavelossim
- Cavelossim Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel Goa
- Goa Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Goa Cavelossim