Excellent home-base from which to explore amazing Crete! When I first saw Villa Irini in the listings, I thought it was too good to be true. The accommodations are accurately represented in the pictures and reviews. I stayed in a studio suite which had a gorgeous view, smart design, great balcony, furnishings and ammenities. the villa and suites are immaculately maintained and clean. Villa Irini is steps away from the beach and village of Almiryda, so you choose whether or not to rent a car or use bus service.
Spiros, the owner/operator was incredibly helpful and contributed in the best way to my exploration of the island by giving me suggestions on when and how to get to the places I wanted to see. Crete has so much to offer and when I return, I will certainly stay here again (www.villairini.gr).The locale was an easy drive to Chania and other sites and it was always a pleasure to return after a day trip to relax at Villa Irini. Paradise.
Here are the things that really mattered to me and warrant my 5 star rating:
* I arrived in the middle of the night following the excellent directions (photos and all) given to me by Spiros the owner. When I pulled up to the Villa, Spiros came out to greet me. One could not ask for a better welcome anywhere in the world.
* Quiet and comfortable accommodation: I heard of other people who had left Chania because of the noise. My suite at Villa Irini was peaceful: I enjoyed my private balcony and slept well.
* A smaller accommodation (10 units I believe) affords easier access to the owner who was always generous in offering local insights and tips, not only to the popular sites, but into the culture, the language, and the people.
* Gorgeous view of the sea! I woke every morning to the sea view before even rising from my bed and could enjoy my morning coffee on the balcony - the weather was perfect.
* People are important: in Crete, people are exceptionally friendly and wonderful. Spiros and his neighbors on the hillside at Almiryda, as well as those in the village made me feel at home.
If you choose to stay here, you wont' be dissappointed.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Irini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Irini Almyrida, Crete