“A perfect getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Village Club

You added Ocean Village Club to your Saves list
Ocean Village Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   PO Box 88 Ukunda | Diani Beach Road, Diani Beach, Ukunda 80401, Kenya   |
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Diani Beach
“A perfect getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have stayed in the hotel for a asemeje but I wish I could stay a week. Everything is perfect:food,the Dion, the activities... Highly recomended!!The only thing I would change is that since We arrive a bit late the askari made as wait for a while at the gate in the taxi not allowing us yo entre the compound. But that also means that there is a lot of security.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Czech first
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My biggest compliant about this hotel is that they spoil you so much
with excellent service and pamper you to levels of bliss. I could not
believe how well things went smoothly with our family trip that i am
now still dreaming of my stay there with so many things that touched
my heart. I am hooked to this place and will go back in the near
future.

We booked a 5 day stay with Ocean Village Club in Diani , Kenya in early July for a family
vacation of which members consisted of elderly grandparents, Mid age
parents and teenagers.

Here is a summary of my experience

Food - Excellent that i gained so much weight as every bite was so
tasty cooked with perfection. Pizza oven has now been mastered and
those hot piping sizzling pizzas were a treat on its own. Now working
on weight loss. lol. At one time i was missing my favorite dish and
the chef let my mother enter the kitchen to cook it and it was served
to all the guests who enjoyed it so much. I felt i was at a home away
from home.

Drinks - on the all inclusive was amazing except for the communication
on beers which was sorted out The cocktails on the bar list were so
amazing yet the bartender would always make something new for a unique
experience out of cocktail list.

Service - excellent and staff would always go out of their way to
provide that personal touch. E.g My father who had a hip operation
was very well looked after by the guards who were hired for monkey
trouble and overall security. On his walks around the hotel the
security would escort him and keep a eye for monkey thieves and ensure
he does not fall reliving me of the stress of care.

Maintenance was amazing. I had a problem with my door lock and made a
call to have it fixed in 5 minutes.

Rooms were spacious and extremely clean. Water pressure for a hotel
on the coast were excellent. The beds had these lovely duvets that
one would not feel like getting out of bed in the morning. Crisp
clean sheets and soft large towels.

Pool area was a cosy atmosphere that making friends at the pool and
bar was easy so all the guests would have fun communicating to each
other.

Beach excellent not too many beach hawkers as in the past trick is to
learn to ask them to leave you alone.

Gardens are well maintained and for plant lovers this is a time pass
to see the diversity of plants and trees. Amazing trees.

The animation team did a fantastic job with the teenagers in our
family and got them involved in some activities else they were happy
sitting with their ipads playing computer games. I call this a great
achievement as i have not been able to do that so it was good to see them play a sport.

Night entertainment was comfortable and not overwhelming but the snake
show is a wonderful experience.

I was happy to leave to get to my home but sad to leave a place that
exceeded my expectations beyond doubt.

I say many thanks to the entire staff of ocean view for their
hospitality and my complaint is you spoilt me so much that next time i
come i am very sure you will do better and then i will be speechless with happiness and joy that i will not be able to write a review on trip adviser.

Also a special thanks to the general manager Joao Carvallo and his staff of all the bartenders, restaurant managers and waiters, front office desk and drivers for taking all the stress out of me. Sadly i cannot remember all the names but in heart i wish you well for the great service you extended to me and my family.

Please arrange to have a tip box next time i so i can spoil you back. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joao C, General Manager at Ocean Village Club, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Client,

What to say ? your comments are so good that we are humbled by what you write.
The Ocean Village mission statement is: " a happy client is our goal ", so we are very pleased indeed that we have achieved the goal as far as your stay is concerned.

On the negative side we fear is that, reading your comments, other client's expectations might be higher than what we can actually deliver: We do strive to give personalised service, but in your case it was possible to go out of our way simply because you stayed with us at a time when we had only a few clients.

We do try to do our best even when we are full, but it will not be possible to give the same degree of attention to each and every client ( especially to clients staying only for a day or two ) when we have a high occupancy.

We highly respect our clientele and do not wish to raise unrealistic expectations. This is why we feel that we need to clarify that it might not be possible to give to every guest the same experience you had.

Once again,

Many thanks for staying with us,
Best regards,

Joao Carvalho
Andilly, Rhone-Alpes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a kind of little paradise on earth! After 5 days of Game drive, this is the best place to relax and enjoy the Indian Ocean. The beach is one of the best I have ever seen.
We have 2 spacious well decorated and fully equipped deluxe rooms A8 and A9 very near by the the sea and the bar/restaurant and a gorgeous view.
Staff is very helpful and smiley.
We are in all inclusive, food is of good quality and varied.
2 negative points :
the speed of service is quite slow particularly for the pizzas (up to 45 min to get one!) this is really something to be fixed.
Why diet coke and sparkling are not included in the all inclusive package? Does the hotel management prefer guests to drink alcohol and sweet drink??

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Its an amzing place where you get value for your money. Everyone is very friendly specially the bar staff who kept giving me drinks even some cocktail mixtures that weren't on the menu. If you are looking not to spend a fortune but still receive quality service ocean village club is the place to be.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The ocean village club is a place that exceded our expectations! We seen the hotel on trip advisor and we had been in Kenya doing volunteer work for 5 weeks or a holiday was needed, seen this place and looked amazing! We were even picked up and delivered to the hotel which was exellent! But when we arrived at the hotel, it was more than we could have expected! A place we both will come back too again and we wished we could have spent longer here, we thought 4 nights would be long enough but being here makes us want to stay much longer! The staff are so welcoming and the good and drinks are just amazing! If you are on diani beach you much visit here!

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had an awesome getaway during easter holidays at the club.From checking in,the staff was very friendly and welcoming,the rooms were amazing,the food was great with different varieties everyday thus it was not monotonus even to the kids.The pool was also well maintained.There was plenty of entertainment even for the children to keep them busy which was a plus.Will definately be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nanyuki, Rift Valley, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I spent 3 nights at Ocean Village.Lovely, relaxing,peaceful and breathtaking describe the entire experience of staying here.The staff is very welcoming and warm always with a smile and a friendly word.
Rooms are neat, spacious and well maintained. the food was great, varied and always tasty. Definitely a place worth visiting again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ocean Village Club? Share your experiences!