We have just returned from a week stay at this resort end of June and I would highly recommend this resort. Baobab Beach resort is without a doubt one of the best resorts in Diani Beach. We arrived in Diani Beach after our 4 day Safari in Masai Mara. We flew with Safari Link from Wilson Airport in Nairobi to Ukunda Airport in Diani Beach which was a 90 minute flight and only 10 minutes road transfer then from Ukunda Airport to the Baobab, it was really convenient flying into Diani rather then Mombasa Airport and then taking the ferry etc. On arrival at the resort we were greeted by a really sweet lady called Mama Africa which is her nickname at Baobab Resort. Each day she was always so well presented in stunning African outfits. Mama Africa was always in great form and making sure all the guests were okay.
We stayed in the Maridadi Section of the resort which was absolutely beautiful, we had a really spacious hotel room, beautifully decorated with a very large bathroom and walk-in shower and large balcony. All the furniture in our hotel room including our four poster bed was coconut wood which was amazing. Our room attendant Justin always kept our room so clean and tidy!! Maridadi section has a beautiful cascading pool along with a swim up bar, this section of the hotel is more chilled and quieter compared to the main pool at Baobab. It is nice to have the option of having a quieter pool area if you wish or if you want a bit of entertainment and music there are always pool side activities at the Baobab pool.
We dined in both the Baobab and Maridadi restaurants during our stay and the choice of food is exactly the same in all sections of the resort for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the choice on offer is absolutely fantastic, food is delicious!! The service in the restaurants was fantastic, we got to know so many of the staff and they were always smiling and very helpful including both Milly and Sammie in the Maridadi Restaurant who are fantastic at their jobs!!
Baobab Resort is located on a beautiful stretch of beach, turquoise waters and pure white sand. We enjoyed lovely walks along the beach when the tide was out in the morning time, yes there are beach boys coming up to you a lot of the time but once you say No they do tend to get the message and keep walking. When the tide is in you can simply walk down few steps from the resort straight into the ocean which is beautiful and there are no beach boys to hassle you then. There is a really good watersports centre at the resort where you can book to go diving. There are excellent diving spots in Mombasa and very reasonable also.
We had an excellent rep service during our stay at this resort which were Pollmans Representatives and they had an office at Baobab Resort which was very handy. Naomie our Rep was always so helpful and friendly, they provide an excellent service.
I would highly recommend this resort if you are looking to go to Mombasa Beach. We felt really safe in Diani Beach during our stay, there is excellent 24 hour security throughout the resort. Staff are so warm and friendly and always smiling which makes Kenya such a wonderful destination to visit!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani