“Honeymoon in Paradise! !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Diani Beach
Prices are for rooms, adults
The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort & Spa
Save Saved
You added The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   P.O. Box 32, Diani Beach, Ukunda 80400, Kenya   |
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Diani Beach
Kisumu, Kenya
“Honeymoon in Paradise! !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I should have written this review a long time ago since I was there in February 2012 for my honeymoon. I tried to book a room in the baobab division but unfortunately it was full and I was booked in Meridadi. And it qas even better! ! The room was perfect in every aspect. Neat, clean, had perfect view and spacious! All the restaurants had delicious food varieties from different cuisine. The staff are friendly and helpful! Everything worked perfectly for our honeymoon in Baobab! I'd definitely go there again whenever I get a chance!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited this hotel for a week in early May but the weather let us down. Rain all day and all the restaurants nearby the hotel (out of the resort) were shut due to off-peak season. Staff very attentive and food generally very good. But our timing was off. And the beach boys were INCREDIBLY annoying and at times even aggressive when you said no to them, which ruined any walks down the beach we tried.

Room Tip: Stay in Maridadi wing to have close access to pool without loud music (baobab).
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here with my wife from 14 Jun - 25 June - transfer is a bit long, but it is great experience drive through Mombasa. The resort was beautiful, well maintained, kept extremely clean and located in beautiful tropical gardens.

The staff were truly amazing, everyone would go out of their way to help you whether you tip or not. This was right through the hotel from the waiters on breakfast to the pool attendants exchanging towels! They had always smile on their faces and were so friendly.

We went on the 1 night Tsavo East adventure safari organised by JT Safari who has a new office near Diani Sea Resort. I can't recommend them enough. Our tour guide Ken was amazing. Ken was very friendly, very experienced and knowledgeable. Ken was punctual throughout our safari ensuring that we were always informed of the plan for the day. He was excellent spotter. There would be plenty of animals which we would never have seen without his excelent knowledge and eyes. He always made a few jokes and whole trip was full of fun and animals.

All in all the holiday itself was brilliant for the amazing time on safari and time spent at Baobab.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My wife and I came here on honeymoon and the Baobab was really special. The location is idyllic and the food is absolutely amazing. Much of it is cooked fresh to order. My wife is a vegetarian and had plenty of options during our two week stay.

The monkeys are great and provide a lot of entertainment. Boys on the beach are a bit of a pain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nairobi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I visited the Baobab Beach resort and Spa on business. I had for a long time wanted to book a holiday at Baobab. The property is huge. With 3 hotels in one, it looks really amazing. The swimming pools are fantastic and pleasing to the eye. If staying at Baobab, it is possible to use the pools and restaurants at any of the other two hotels- its like free access.

I stayed on the Baobab end, and took a standard room. The rooms are ok, nothing out of this world, but for a few extra shillings (about 2,000 at the time of this review) I would recommend that one takes the superior rooms, they are more spacious and look fantastic. Furniture is even much better than the ones in the standard rooms.

Food was alright, nothing out of the ordinary. However, I feel that service will really let the hotel down. Being a local, I felt that the service received was skewed in favor of foreigners- some staff are not really interested in listening to you/ serving you with the same standards of excellence as they would for the foreigners.

It rained quite a bit on my visit there, when the rains stopped, one would find the corridors wet from the rain water- which in itself is a hazard.

Otherwise, I would rate it as merely OK, nothing in particular would make me strongly recommend them.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get the superior rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nairobi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Everything you read about the monkeys is true. Follow all the instructions about the monkeys. They will steal your food, but there are guards always On the watch armed with catapults.
The pros:
1)Beautiful rooms I.e the Maridadi wing
2)A few enthusiastic employees especially the porters, Linda,Rama and Dorcas at the Maridadi hotel.

The cons:
1)A non existent kids club. Their idea of fun for a 6 year old is a game of Bao, a game played by old men while sipping beer at the coast.
2)Some of the staff feel bothered to assist the guests, an attitude we picked from the reception. We went to pick an umbrella while it was raining and we had an infant, only to be told there were none and there was nothing they could do about it.
3)We had our own mobile internet but It's a SHAME that they charge for internet in this day & age while whole towns & 1 star hotels have free internet in Kenya.
4)A lot more can be done about the food as it tended to be monotonous & lacked flavor.
5) We requested to stay for an extra 1.5 hours late check out. The reception persistently deffered our requests to the morning of the check out despite the hotel being half empty. We stayed there for 4 days and were only requesting for 1.5hrs because the weather had become rainy and cold and we had an infant. Our taxi was scheduled to arrive at that time.On the check out morning the receptionist told us we had to pay 1000ksh per person to remain on the hotel grounds whether in a room or not for 1.5 hrs past our check out. He said the reason for this was that the hotel was all inclusive and he was not going to monitor wether we would eat or drink anything for the 1.5 hours after our checkout. Please note that this conversation was occurring immediately after breakfast on our checkout date. It took the intervention of our travel agent via the front office manager to be allowed to sit in the room for 1.5 hrs till our taxi arrived.
6. All inclusive : Most hotels where we have gone to in the past that were all inclusive put in some few sodas in the room fridge just in case you did not want to sit at the bar. At Baobab, if you want the all inclusive soda you have to go to the bar to pick one in a glass. If you request for the same soda in a bottle for your room fridge then you have to pay for that. So anytime the kids wanted soda and it was raining outside we had to go down to the bar to come back up with two glasses of soda.
7. The beach boys at south coast are more aggressive that those at the north coast , they hardly take no for an answer and leave you with little privacy to enjoy the beautiful sand and ocean in the south coast.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

this is a lovely hotel in an idyllic location...friendly staff...good food..great beach....only two drawbacks...the journey to and from airport is a pain....take a cab is my advice then no waiting for coach ferry....second one is the guys on the beach...I know they are only trying to make a living but
someone should tell them no means no not an invitation to pester..a beautiful beach that you can't enjoy in peace.....loved the fact that wildlife roamed the grounds...this a plus ....enjoyed my stay

Room Tip: maridadi is nicest but quietest baobab is more lively kole kole is more fun
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!