Booked with Thomsons for the Dreamliner, this wasn't available on the way there but was on the way back. We had booked 2 superior twin rooms and ended up in the Maridadi wing with adjacent rooms. The staff are so amazingly friendly, and we decided to tip at the end of our stay this did not affect the service we received (as we had experienced in Cuba) they still carried on providing exceptional service. The waiters, waitresses and chefs in the Maridadi restaurant were fantastic, especially Sammy the chef (always smiling).
Plenty of pools to choose from, each one a little different so something for everyone. Our favourite was the Baobab pool.
Never in my life have I seen so many people taking part in organised activities as I did here, even though it was so hot.
We went to the beach a few times and did chat to the beach boys, ended up buying some items from them, you soon learn to be firm with them. The water was lovely and warm but I would recommend some footwear to go in the sea.
The monkeys are very entertaining, especially the baboon who walks round like he owns the place, just be careful round them they are wild animals.
I am someone who is attractive to mosquitos as is my dad, so we were very pleased to leave with only 3 bites each (and we think some of those were ant bites).
Although my phone was forecasting rain for everyday we were there we only saw 1 short shower. I would recommend November as a brilliant time of year to go.
We did all our excursions through JT Safaris (reviewed separately) couldn't say enough positive comments about him and his team and it meant we got to keep our rooms whilst out on safari.
I wouldn't normally return to the same place twice but this place really captured my heart, I didn't want to come home, and I would love to go back. I loved the place, the food, the people, the rooms, the weather and yes the entertainment is a little cheesy and mimed but still good fun to go and watch.
Thank you for our best holiday ever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Despegar.com and HotelsClick so you can book your The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani