We returned for a week and were delighted to be greeted like members of the family by the staff - who remembered us by name. They again made our stay perfect. This year the archery was up and running twice a day with tuition. The step/aerobics/stretching classes were also even better led than last year. Our glass bottom boat and snorkelling trip was exceptional. There's something surreal swimming in water that's as warm as a cup of tea.
Through the onsite snorkelling people we also went out for 90 minutes on one of the local traditional catamarans and took the helm for most of the time under the watchful eye of the captain from one of the local villages. Both the snorkelling trip and the sailing were exceptional value.
The monkeys were up to their usual playful antics and the fabulous iguana was to be found everyday sunbathing on the wall around its pond. Lots of birds, including a couple of toucans.
We went all inclusive with Thomsons and all worked to time with no fuss. Service onboard was excellent - we had the same crew both ways. The inflight films were a bit disappointing though, but I could catch up on reading.
We were invited to a cocktail party with the management team to chat about the hotel and ideas we had for improvements. And as returners we were also invited to a gala outdoor dinner with other returners. There were over 100 attending - so around a third of the guests had come back for more. That says something about the enduring quality of the place.
A great week, hot and dry. Next year beckons.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- Baobab Beach Hotel
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.