“My experience was owesome” 5 of 5 stars

Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Diani Beach Road, Diani Beach, Ukunda, Kenya   |
Ranked #15 of 30 hotels in Diani Beach
Nairobi, Kenya
“My experience was owesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I loved everything, the friendliness of the staff, personalised service, excellent food and having gone with my baby I got everything I needed in one place. The different restaurants serving different cuisine is a wonderful idea as it gives guests different dining options.The Jacuzzi at the spa area was not all that inviting,the room should be done in search a way, when you enter the Jaccuzi you feel peaceful.
All in all the overall stay was fantastic.
Will most definitely go
back.

• Stayed November 2013
DRBRS, General Manager at Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Rthiongo,

It is great to know that your stay with us and the experience was an awesome one and my team and I really appreciate your feedback which will go along way in encouraging us to serve our guests better. Your comments on the Friendliness of staff, personalized service, Excellent food including your baby's requirement & Great range of resturants are well appreciated. We also have taken note of your comment that the Jacuzzi in the spa is not all that inviting and the same has been taken into consideration.

We will be happy to have you back with us and make Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa your home away from home during your next visit.

562 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was my second time to Diani and I had a totally relaxing stay. The service is impeccable and the attention to detail is outstanding. The food was great as always although the entertainment was a bit low,perhaps due to the low season. Altogether my family and I had a great time.

Room Tip: I stayed in the corner suites and found them to be home....lovely
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Anne W,

It is great to know that your second stay with us was a totally relaxing one making our resort as your most favourite one and my team and I really appreciate your feedback which will go along way in encouraging us to serve our guests better. Your comments on the Impeccable service, Outstanding attention to details, Great food offering as always are well appreciated. However we have also noted your comment on entertainment being a bit low and the same has been put into consideration.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

A great resort. Just don't leave your outside door open or the monkeys will visit! We heard that the spa was not good value for money. Otherwise it was a very enjoyable time. The meal on the beach was great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Fitzfm,

It is great to know that your stay with us was a great experience and my team and I really appreciate your feedback which will go along way in encouraging us to serve our guests better. Your comments on Great Resort, You had enjoyable time & Great meal on the beach are well appreciated. We have also noted your comment you heard that our spa is not good value for money which will be put into consideration though we would have wished you tried the same but may be next time.

Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Been there, couple of years back..but the memories are still fresh because of the excellent customer service provided by the hotel staff. They have a great range of the restaurants and the coffee shop serves excellent buffet from around the world. Another great aspect of the hotel is their spa..one of the best spa visited. The recreation facilities provided for adults and kids makes it an ideal place to visit with family.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach and specially the once at the first floor. Also the first floor rooms with a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DRBRS, General Manager at Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Sheebamallhotra,

It is great to know that your stay with us was a memmorable one while you found our hotel beautiful and my team and I really appreciate your feedback which will go along way in encouraging us to serve our guests better. Your comments on the Excellent customer service, Great range of resturants, Excellent buffet offering & Best Spa are well appreciated.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days. The Hotel and rooms were fantastic. The Resort has a beautiful Swimming pool and is Green. Enjoyed the beach .
Food was good but expensive.
Service was very good especially the customer support person.

Room Tip: Try the Beach facing rooms, has a good view. Also try the rooms on the higher floors so that you can...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear CyrilGubbi,

It is great to know that your stay with us was good and you found our Resort to be GOOD and my team and I really appreciate your feedback which will go along way in encouraging us to serve our guests better. Your comments on Fantastic Hotel / Rooms, Good beach to be enjoyed, Good food & Very Good service are well appreciated. We have also noted your comment on food being expensive which will be put into consideration.

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Sometime in April, we set off to this hotel to celebrate our honeymoon. We checked in and rested a while in the room, the upset started when we decided to take a stroll around the hotel trying figure out what the hotel had to offer. So, as we were walking around the hotel gardens and taking photos due to excitement, a security guard approached us and demanded to know who we were and why we were there! I have never been asked such a question by securities at a hotel before. So, right there, we demanded to know why was this guard asking us such questions and ordered to go ask his manager about us. Realising that we were not budging on the matter, he then stated that a white man who was a guest, sent him to confirm if we were not trespassing at the hotel.How insane! I realised that we were the only couple of colour in the vicinity. I believe that there are other ways to deal with guests who have a challenge seeing ppl of colour around them without having to offend guests!
We also noticed that the stafff at the pool bar and beach side would greet, give attention to the white guests and not bother to even greet us. All I can say is that, this hotel is beautiful but there are still very clear elements of racism and sadly even the black staff towards black guests. As a nonKenyan, I look forward to visiting this country and spend time at the beach but I dread the experience as I have to shout n scream before good service is offered.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DRBRS, General Manager at Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear ThuleN,

Thanks for taking your time to give a belated review on our resort/property . The entire team had taken the raised issues into consideration since we had your sentiments recorded through our own internal guest feedback mechanism and action was taken immediately, with the results being seen from the other various reviews thereafter. However, we are also glad to note that you found the hotel beautiful and also from our records that you enjoyed both the dinner in our Sake Restaurant (Asian) and the Honeymoon Dinner for 2 by the beach. We will be happy to have you staying with us during your next visit, this particular experience not withstanding and assuring you of best service.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. Great for the kids had a wonderful time. Great food hospitality. Rooms are fantastic would ask for C20 anytime again.
The rooms set up is really well geared to families. The girls loved the Kids club. Kudos to the management team keep up he good work.

Room Tip: Cottage 20 private and amazing views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chris d,

It is great to know that your stay with us was a fantastic one and my team and I really appreciate your feedback which will go along way in encouraging us to serve our guests better. Your comments on the kids enjoying the kids club, great food & fantastic rooms are well appreciated.

General Manager.

Been to Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!