This is a huge resort stays in a very nice place with stunning view.
The staff is very friendly and efficient, I still remember some names like Mareen at the Kids club, Hamadi at the Restaurant, Celestino at the Front Beach Bar. The lounge is big and luminous, the food in the restaurant is good especially the Asian section.
As said, the resort is very big with a large number of rooms to manage, I believe the management has a huge quantity of things to deal with everyday. There are some issues need to be improved:
- All the ramps are without handrails and are quite dangerous as they are not evident, no one reminds you to mind your step and it is risky to fall anytime if you don't pay attention.
- The lift is used only for staff and it's not so friendly for family with strollers or handicap with wheeling chair or simply if you have heavy luggage you will need some help from the staff.
- The water in the bathroom is often brown!
- The door lock didn't work all the time and we often have to ask for support. I thing the system should be changed but it will require a lot of money.
- There is only 1 cleaner for each floor and there are so many rooms to clean, so at 12.30 when we finished the lunch and the kids need to have a rest, our room was not cleaned yet so we had to waited at the pool until the cleaner finish our room or asked her/him to come back later.
- The beach is not so clean and has a lot of seaweed. I found an old flip-flop floating in the water and brought it on the shore. I told a guy (who seemed to be a supervisor of the staff who work in the garden passing by) that I found some garbage and showed him, he just walked away without saying anything. I don't know if he cared much about keeping the beach clean or not.
- The beverage in the hotel is quite expensive and cost almost 3 times more than price from supermarket, while guest is not allowed to take in any kind of beverage. This is why most people who commented here were not so happy. I think the management could think about other ways to offer to the guests like pay 3000 shillings/day and get ALL-YOU-CAN-DRINK, for example.
- The management could also think about different packages options, like package for elder people who spent a month in the resort, package for couple, for people from NBO, for family with kids, for groups, ect.
- The shows at 9PM are interesting but I saw very few persons asked for drinking. I suppose because of the prices for beverage, the location (it is very windy) and the show (short, 30 mins) so people that walked in late for seeing the last mins of the show then go away.
Despite all of that, we did like a lot the swimming pool and the Asian food in the restaurant.
We would come back to these place again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diani Reef Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Diani Reef Beach Resort And Spa
- Diani Reef Grand Ukunda