I am shocked at how someone who stayed the same week as us can complain about Southern Palms!!!!!!!! :-(
We arrived here on New Years Day, only stayed for a week but really REALLY wish we'd have booked for a longer break! I can honestly say we didn't meet a single person who had a bad word to say about this holiday.
It was the best holiday both my partner and I have ever had!!! The staff are the friendliest people I've ever experienced in a hotel (and I usualy travel a couple of times a year), they go out of their way to help you in every aspect of your holiday. The bar men, Ali and Robert, who work on the pool bars are the nicest people and told us lots about Kenya in general and we found it so interesting talking to them while sipping a rum and pineapple in the pool!
The rooms were fairly basic and very clean and there were always cleaners around. They left chocolates on our bed every night too which was nice! The restaurant food was excellent in terms of usual buffet style food, I am vegetarian and always found something to eat. The meals also include a wide variety of tropical fruits and cakes which again, were lovely! We were half board and it suited us perfectly as we were out and about and most trips include lunch etc. For a local beer "Tusker" it was 190 shillings which worked out to be around £1.70 which I didn't think was expensive really...and cocktails were around 300 to 500 shillings. They take all sorts of money though i.e. US$, euros, sterling.
We had monkeys and bush babies visit our balcony regularly and have got some fab photos! We also done excersions most days and would highly recommend trips to Shimba Hills and Wasini Island where you can spot dolphins and snorkel and see the most amazing reefs and fish!
I would recommend to ANYONE wishing to visit Kenya to stay at Southern Palms, we definitely hope to go back one day!
C & P, Kent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani