I have to start by complaining about the reservation staff at his hotel. I was in charge of booking this hotel for a team building weekend with my office and it took me more than a week to get this sorted. Reservation take forever to reply to emails and are on very long lunches when you call them. The reservation manager was also very rude and patronizing when we were checking in and if we had not already paid, we would have moved to another hotel.
However, that was the only unpleasant aspect of our stay. The hotel is quite nice and the rooms are adequate (we all stayed in standard rooms). The best thing about the hotel is the meals- I have never seen such a spread at any of the other hotels I have stayed at at the Coast. There is a wide variety of dishes at all meals such that you never get bored. And the fruit carver was very skilled.
All in all we had a great time and did not want to leave at the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani