Much has already been said about how wonderful this resort is....and it truly lives up to the high expectations we had.
Arrived 14jan for two weeks and after a lovely welcome we were shown to the room type we had requested...high floor corner room.. Room 350. Simply furnished but with everything you need including a very decent hair dryer (ladies). We are always surprised when mini bars aren't included on All inc , and indeed the mini bar here was payable, though it was no bother to grab a couple of drinks from the many bars and take them up to your room. Air con worked well, though you need the key in the slot for it to work so avoiding guests leaving it on all day, however pm me for a tip on that subject!
Every member of staff we encountered bar none were happy friendly and appeared genuine and not looking for tips, which was very refreshing.
The food was some of the best we,ve had on All inc, and I generally don't care for buffets but there was such a wide, hot and tasty variety on offer that we ate in the main buffet most nights, the Indian corner in particular deserves high praise!
We tried the grill which was ok, not bad, the Italian, which is up on the roof of the bar was very good, serving pizzas and pasta and grilled chicken and steaks, we enjoyed our nights there with the only small criticism that the food comes out too quick between courses. Lunch by the pool was always wonderful and we had several very long wine fuelled lunches there!
We didn't venture down to the beach much due to the beach sellers has selling us, and you would need reef shoes to walk over the sea urchins. The sand was beautiful and wide and talcum powder white.
Lots of activities to keep you entertained during the day including escorted beach walks, should you chose to join in though we were never hassled by the animation team who were a great bunch.we chose to spend 5days then safari (WT&safaris) then back for another week.
We had the most wonderful, relaxing holiday and would return in a heartbeat, amazing !!
A quick note on safaris, we encountered many safari vans and jeeps crowded to the point of bursting.....and usually with Pollmans .. who Thomson and first choice use...and the cost was double the amount we paid to WT&SAFARIS for a private safari! Do your research.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani