This is my second time at the southern palm beach resort.
I love the pool area and the garden around it. The smell and colour of the flowers are beautiful.
The beach is also very nice. Sun-beds and very white sand and not too many seaweeds. (Seaweeds is a problem in some Kenyan beaches) on the beach turn left and walk to the Congo river 10 minutes. Amazing. The rooms are a bit dated and tired now but acceptable
The buffet has got a good variety of food. Loved the Indian corner. Lovely and tasty curries
As for other review you need to wake up early and reserve a bed by the pool or on the beach. The pool/beach attendants put towels on bed as probably they get tips from guests this is very annoying as some bed were empty for most of the day. Feeded back to management at reception.
Night animation was a bit poor. Last year we had attractions evert evening but this time disco every night. Booooring. Maybe the are cutting corners also. The staff are really friendly and everyone says jambo. Over all we had a great time and would not hesitate to go back.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel
- Southern Palms Beach Diani
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.