We would like to start by saying we would gladly recommend this hotel and we would definitely stay here again if we return to Kenya. The positives - The staff were fabulous and constantly asked if we were ok/enjoying ourselves-particularly Hussain! The entertainment crew worked very hard. They were always upbeat and jovial and the entertainment itself was very good in the main. Particularly Charles and the 'magic man' who kept us entertained for hours!
The food was good. Geoffrey who worked on the fruit section was a star and so creative with his 'fruit art'! Monica was fabulous on the Omelette & pasta station too. I'm not too fussy so I always had options however my husband did struggle sometimes for variety but there is always the pasta station which is lovely! Amazingly we never got bitten by mossies even though there were plenty around but I think this is partly due to the hotel spraying everywhere & leaving candles out too. The negatives -To be fair, this was our most expensive holiday ever but sadly you don't get the same value for money here as you might elsewhere in the world (we went to Mauritius for less last year and stayed at a 5 star resort). If we're honest, the hotel feels more like a 3.5 star than a 4 star. The hotel room we stayed in was fairly basic but adequate however the shower was very dated, the water flow was slow to say the least and you had to leave it running for sometime before you could get any hot water! The hawkers on the beach were by far the worse aspect of our stay (which I guess cant be so bad!). You cant walk down to the water without being harassed however the security guards at the hotel do a good job of keeping them away when they can. The monkeys were entertaining but a little alarming but not too much of an issue! Overall we had a very pleasant stay at Southern Palms and it really was a holiday to remember. Even though we were travelling with First Choice, we booked our safari through JT who provided a magnificent experience for us which we will never forget - all in all, our holiday was amazing.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel
- Southern Palms Beach Diani
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel and TripOnline SA so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.