“Beyond Words....It was excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Leopard Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Diani Beach Road, Diani Beach, Ukunda, Kenya   |
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Diani Beach
Nairobi, Kenya
“Beyond Words....It was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I still cant get over it that am back to work after five days in Leopard Beach.

It was my first time in South Coast and I bet i want to go back again and to Leopard beach.

Please keep up that level of hospitality. It was awesome...

Overall Rating....Excellent

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LBRandSpa, Manager at Leopard Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Management Response
Dear James,
Thank you very much for your feedback on our Resort that has been voted Africa’s Leading Spa Resort and Kenya’s Leading Resort at the prestigious world Travel Awards 2013. It’s such a joy to know that it was your first time in South Coast and we truly gave you a good reason to come back.

The Chui team looks forward to host again soon to a far much better experience with the winners!

Chui Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I visited Leopard Beach during my honeymoon 8 years ago and I can confirm that it is indeed the best hotel in both North and South Coast. I love Mombasa and travel there every so often and never visit the same place twice. I thus have visited a number of hotels and cottages and I have not found any of the standard of your hotel. First, it is absolutely beautiful and the staff, oohhh the staff. Very friendly and welcoming. Always say hi and chat a bit At the time we were there we were the only local guests and all the staff went out of their way to welcome us, chat with us etc.

Keep it up, Leopard Beach. I have not been back but rest assured the way I have praised it to all and sundry, I have sent business your way. whenever I go to another hotel and the service is not up to scratch, I am tempted to tell them to come to Leopard Beach to learn about service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Management Response,
Dear Rose M,
What a beautiful review taking you 8 years down the memory lane! We are humbled to know that you have visited several hotels and cottages and they have not matched the experience you had with the Chui’s. over the years things are much better and we have consistently retained the trophy for Kenya’s Leading Resort four years in a row; 2010,2011,2012 & 2013. This year over and above we are voted Africa’s Leading Spa Resort and this gives you a reason to come back and sample what has become an haven of great experience.

Every guest matters to us and we do not differentiate local and international guests; we treat them equally and they are the reason we remain in business, we are glad this was evident during your stay. Our staff remain the most precious asset there is and we note with pride that they all went out of their way to make your holiday special.

Thank you for being our ambassador out there and for taking time to share your experience that has remained fresh in your mind for eight years.
Welcome back and please notify us when; we will extend a very special deal to you and your family.

We look forward to host you very soon.

Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We spent 5 days at the Leopard Beach Resort and Spa. What a delight to be back again after so long, The warm welcome and the welcome back sign on the door made me feel truly special
The resort is just fabulous in every way catering to our different needs each day, you can never get bored as there is so much different things to do to fill your day The staff was extremely friendly and very professional and went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one Thank you Mr. Marube and the Chui Team.
The food was great and in abundance and a wide variety of choices and I especially enjoyed the beach barbeque, no other hotel does beach barbeque as leopard beach. The entertainment during dinner was great we did not want the evening to end but we had to go and have drinks at Marco’s bar what a way to end our evenings.
Uzuri Spa, the treatments were professionally done and very pampering thank you Mary, Regina and Solomon I came feeling highly stressed and you made my stay very relaxing.
This little piece of heaven truly en-captures the true essence of magical Africa, I can’t wait to go again
Many thanks to the entire staff for giving us a life time of memories.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Management Response
Dear Gee K

Wow! Your review is truly humbling……….the first impression is the lasting impression and we are glad that the “ welcome back sign” made you feel special. It’s a small way of saying we appreciate your continued support and we never take it for granted that guests choose to come back to us.

Leopard beach Resort and Spa has just been voted Kenya’s Leading Resort for the fourth year consecutively and we are most honoured that your overall experience with us can fully attest to this. Mary, Regina and Solomon have been highly applauded and the Spa just made our Resort be voted Africa’s Leading Spa Resort 2013 at the prestigious World Travel Awards. Thank you for sharing your experience with others especially the fact that you came stressed and went back relaxed. Life time memories is what we delight in giving to all our guests and we thank you most sincerely for letting us know that you can’t wait to be back.

We promise you a much better experience and looking forward to host you very soon!

Chui Management.
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We spent a week here in September, staying in a superior room on a half board basis. We would like to say thank you to all of the staff we met and who helped us have a truly wonderful holiday.
On arriving the reception staff were welcoming friendly and helpful, very busy with guests but never seemed rushed or stressed, just professional and a good well run team.
Our room was very comfortable, with fresh flowers and fruit basket, the housekeeping staff were excellent again always helpful and very understanding if you wanted a wee lie in.
Food was superb, great variety and choice, compliments to the chef and waiting staff who were always on hand to ensure you enjoyed your meal and had all you needed. Well done to the floor managers there. btw I always loved your dresses.
Pool area, loved the pool, cleaned well every morning, good comfortable sunbeds and attentive and fun staff who worked hard to make sure everyone was comfortable and joined in the games.
All the trainees did a good job and I wish them well, and hope the Leopard can offer them a permanent job to repay them for al their hard work and commitment.

Good luck to Salome and congratulations on your promotion, I know you will do well you have an excellent team behind you, and the right drive, commitment and professionalism to be a great success.

asante tutaonana siku moja

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LBRandSpa, Manager at Leopard Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Christine,

Thank you for such a great review and we are so pleased you enjoyed your 5 day stay with us. First impressions count and we note with delight that our reception team gave you our warm and friendly Chui style welcome!

Delighting our guests remains the focus of our Kenyan hospitality and we take great care of our team knowing they are the greatest asset we have. This does not exclude trainees who are with us for their 3 months industrial training from their respective colleges. We appreciate those who excel in their work and they always stand the best chance to get employed. Our agreement with the colleges is to train and mould them to be able to face future challenges by showing them what hospitality is all about.

We note you loved our “ Battle gears” which is our unique way of show-casing the true African culture. Salome who has been with us for over 27 years truly appreciates your congratulatory message and we will support her to even greater heights of excellence.

We too look forward to welcome you back one day soon and wish you all the best!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My niece from America had had her weeding vows taken at your hotel on the beach on the 14th September 2013. The ceremony was beautiful. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Ann was spot on, she really helped us with the arrangements of guests and made us all feel at home. She was approachable. So were the staffs. The always had smiles on their faces. (families and friends had travelled from abroad to attend this wedding, which was a memorable one for all of us).
The hotel had organised for the wedding party a surprise welcome reception a group of Masai's singing and dancing. It was really nice to see that as not many hotels would do that.

The food and service was very good. The buffets & high tea were excellent.

I would like to thank all of you at LBR for making our stay comfortable and worthwhile.

Keep up the good work.

Birmingham UK

Room Tip: l would choose this hotel for wedding venue. Excellent.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Zabin,
Thank you so much for taking time to review us as a wedding destination of first choice following your niece’s very recent one. We are truly humbled by your compliments .
We note all your guests had travelled from far and wide and had a memorable time and this gives us so much joy and pleasure!

Our team makes Leopard Beach Resort & Spa what it is today and we are really happy that you found all of them friendly and helpful .
We have shared your comments with the chef on the excellent cuisine and high tea.

We look forward to welcome you back for holiday in the near future.

We highly appreciate your time and positive comments.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just came back from my latest stay at Leopard Beach Resort and Spa. It's always a delight to be back!

The resort is set in fabulous garden and I took hundreds of pictures of the flora. I stayed in a wonderful villa with a huge terrace with a sea view to die for! I especially loved sipping from my mug of tea and watching the dawn one morning.

The staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to make my stay a memorable one. The food was great and I especially enjoyed the Swahili buffet on my last evening there. The highlight however, was the dinner I enjoyed at the fabulous Chui Grill (member of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs) where I had a fantastic grilled white snapper with a spicy Swahili sauce. YUMMY!

Since the unfortunate fire in 2012, the resort has been rebuilt and is now better than before with a new bright friendly open restaurant with live cooking stations. Loved the pancakes at breakfast!

I don't enjoy crowds and so I like to hide out at the Uzuri Spa pool which is quiet and a real oasis without the noise around the main pool. In the afternoon, I had a great lime and fresh mint cooler from the bar which was lovely and refreshing. My only tiny gripe is that although one can now order a glass of wine at the spa bar (used to be only healthy stuff served there) it's no longer possible to order a sandwich and so I had to trek down to the pizzeria for a bite to eat at lunchtime. This is annoying as you have to cross the entire resort and manage a lot of steps.

I also ate in the pool bistro and the pizzeria - both venues have very reasonable prices, a nice choice of food as well as friendly and efficient service.

I didn't go to the spa this time but the last few times I went there, the treatments were professionally done and very pampering if you are feeling stressed.

All in all the perfect ending for a perfect vacation. Many thanks to the entire staff and particularly to Chris and Ann for your warm welcome!

Room Tip: Chui Class cottages or villas C-15 or C-16 for a great view of the sea
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear SwissMiss,

What a fantastic review ! Thank you for your continued support and patronage which we don’t take for granted and that you found time to share your experience with others. Our location and the Tropical lush gardens are one of the unique selling points, not to mention the breath taking views of the Indian ocean and we are pleased that this was such a delight to you!

The 2012 Fire that gutted down 75% of our public and back of the house areas was in hindsight a blessing in disguise. We have risen from the ashes more spacious and better and are glad you liked our new looks. We offer two weeks of cyclical themed dinners in our main restaurant guaranteeing you around the globe experience. We note that you truly enjoyed the Swahili cuisine as an authentic coastal delight! The white snapper with swahili sauce at the Chui Grill equally stood out for you and our chef is further encouraged by reading this. Please note you can review the Chui Grill Restaurant separately on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate all our team for going out of their way to make your stay most memorable.
We note with concern your only gripe was walking from the Spa pool to Bistro or the Pizza n Tornatti restaurants for lunch. From the 1st of October we launched a new light lunch menu at the Spa and you can now enjoy a fresh salad or sandwich at the comfort of your pool side bed. We apologize for that lapse and thank you for sharing your objective opinion on the same.

We also note you enjoyed the food in the other ala carte restaurants and your vacation was perfect in the end. Ours is to ensure that hospitality is much more than just a word.

We look forward to welcome you once more and assure you of a much more greater experience at the Chui.

Chui Management!
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

A 3 night stay at the Chui was too short. The welcome on Check-in made us feel very special and the Cottage Suite was an even better surprise especially when one wakes up with a view of the sea.
The meals were tasty and the ever friendly staff were always there to offer assistance. The birthday cake surprise in the room was totally appreciated and was a memory engraved in our minds.
The flowing hot water in the rooms was greatly appreciated and also the replenishing of amenities in the room.
It is quite sad that a vacation is only for a limited time otherwise Leopard Beach Resort and Spa would become a second home.

Room Tip: The Cottage Suites overlook the sea which creates a great morning and evening view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LBRandSpa, Manager at Leopard Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
MANAGEMENT RESPONSE,
Dear Caroline K
Thank you for choosing Leopard Beach Resort & Spa for your getaway to celebrate your birthday. We are pleased that you liked the cake and its always a joy to be able to track the birthday dates of our guests and give them that pleasant surprise.
Our Chu Class Cottages offer magnificent views of the Indian ocean - waking up to such views makes ones holiday eve more special. We are humbled by your compliments to the Chui Team who are the greatest asset to the resort and who are repeatedly trained not only to maintain but whenever possible improve on our set standards and procedures.

You have enough reasons to come back and are most welcome to make the Leopard Beach Resort & Spa your second home.
It was great pleasure to host you!

Chui Management.

Been to Leopard Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!