We visited this hotel at the end of March 2013. The hotel is very good, but you need to be careful when you book your room. I booked a sea-facing room as I usually do, but when we arrived we learned that "actually" booking a sea-facing room does not guarantee a view of the sea (ocean), so we ended up changing our "sea-facing" room with no view of the ocean at all, which was also very very far from the pool to a standard garden view room, which at least was close to all the facilities. So if you are a fan of a sea-view from your room as I am, book "sea-view" not "sea-facing", which is of cause more expensive. This change caused us a bit of stress and disappointment. Other then that the hotel is very good, the food is also good. I booked full board "plus" for us, which meant food plus drinks during the lunch and dinner hours (only, outside these hours you still have to pay separately), which was not worth it, as one person cannot really drink much when you are eating (unless you are a heavy drinker). So I would recommend just full board without the additional "plus", which costs 30 USD more per person. They also had a lot of flies, as the area where we ate was open, so you had to fight with the flied constantly when eating at the table, but it was a rainy season, which could have been a reason for that. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Other thing that we struggled with was absence of pool umbrellas. Although we found a shadow to stay under by the wall around the pool, it is still not what you expect from the beach hotel, since you have to be lucky enough to get the sunbeds in the shadow of the wall. If you have kids, they have a kids club for some hours a day where they take children to the beach, play with them etc. Rooms and bathrooms are clean and the hotel actually quite big with nice gardens around it. They also have a spa, which is very nice, the prices are not cheap, but I guess all the beach hotel spas are usually expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stylish and cosmopolitan resort situated on world famous Diani Beach on Kenya's idyllic southern coast- undoubtedly Kenya's finest beach destination. The resort is built atop a coral cliff and surrounded by lush, tropical gardens which drop onto the white sandy shores of the Indian Ocean below. Holidaymakers and business travellers alike enjoy a range of world class amenities and a high level of service and attention to detail. Come and experience Leopard Beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Jovago.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Leopard Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leopard Beach Resort And Spa
- Leopard Beach Hotel Diani