“Refreshing break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Kalista

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Diani Beach
Villa Kalista
You added Villa Kalista to your Saves list
Diani Beach, Diani Beach, Ukunda 41171-80100, Kenya   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nairobi
“Refreshing break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our stay at Villa Kalista was absolutely lovely. I was impressed by the personalized service from Om, Roni and the rest of the team. The seafood was fresh and delectable, especially the lobster. I think I have definitely put on some pounds on this trip. The water temperature in the pool is just right and the rooms are spacious, with a good view of the beach.Additionally, one does not get the artificial feeling of a huge resort but instead feel like you are in a haven of tranquility.

The only thing I can mention, is the beach is a little rocky. Do carry a pair of shoes with tough soles if you go swimming during high tide

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We spent 3 nights at Villa Kalista and were treated like VIPs from the minute we arrived to the moment we left. The villas are beautifully done with all your needs catered for and more! The seafood was excellent. The entire staff were there whenever needed always smiling & willing. We hope to return later in the year.

Room Tip: All apartments are identical, with magnificent sea views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have been to Kenya on numerous occasions and often stayed at beach hotels both in the South and North Coast. My experience at Villa Kalista was a truly wonderful and unique one. I visited with my elderly mother and sister and spent 6 nights of absolute indulgence from the moment we set foot in our villa to the moment we left. Our personal chef cooked up a culinary delight each day, our butler attended to our every demand, had massages by the poolside, and more. The villas are all sea facing and the view absolutely extraordinary. My elderly mother who turns 90 this year was treated with a traditional birthday sing a long where the entire staff joined in, with Faiza, the owner and Lucky her 8 month dog. I would most certainly recommend a stay here.

The sea water is lovely but the sea bed is rocky so it is essential to wear proper footwear whilst in the sea, but the rocky coral is a real attraction for fish and whilst I am vegetarian I saw a daily collection of fresh fish which I am sure for the fish lovers is quite a luxury. Tranquil beautiful and no beach boys! I definitely
recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Royal treatment, is the least we can say, we experienced at Villa Kalista..From the day we made an inquiry about this place , till we got back home , we were taken care of as one would for their personal friends. Faiza, Om, Roni and the entire staff at the villas extended a warm and genuine welcome... its not an industry they run there... a place you call home and get regally pampered...everything was right..place, comfort, cuisine, the master ensuite is a real treat with the jacuzzi looking out into the ocean , staff attitude and not to forget Lucky the happy canine member of the villa family... we will certainly return ....the peace and quiet , yet having everything at your disposal, is a rare combination and not one to miss out on.....
thanks everyone at VILLA K....

Room Tip: All rooms are sea facing and exact same..you win any time :)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We just spent our 10th wedding anniversary at villa kalista in style!! It was truly amazing. From the time we parked our car till the time we left we were all given a first hand service. Faiza, Om and their dedicated staff have given us a holiday never to forget. The villas are a state of art, from kitchen to bedrooms and best of all the bathroom with jacuzzi. We had the whole pool and beach to our selves. Our kids could make sand castles all the way to the end without a soul around. The food was really delicious, we had a barbecue which was amazing, Chinese, Indian and best of all, everything at our leisure. We have four kids between 2 families and when we got back last night, they all cried to go back till they went to bed. This is a holiday everyone deserves. A purely peaceful, reenergizing break away. We all can't wait to get back there.

Room Tip: Go ready to be spoilt.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend with friends (totaling 30 in no. including kids).We got a very good reception by the Villa staff on arrival. The villa staff was very accommodating and helpful, they were always ready at our service. What we received was beyond our expectation. I would say we got VIP service. We got all we needed on tables when required nothing to complain about considering we had kids with us.
Secondly being an engineer I was very much impressed by the quality of finish to the Villa's, can say it is second none. Building work, joinery, furniture, room interiors, electrical fittings etc. built to very high standards. Couldn’t find faults even in the minor details. Very well kept place.
Thank you very much Faiza and your staff for making our weekend a memorable one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I syayed here for 2 nights to celebrate my sister in law's big 50. On arrival we were greeted with fresh coconut water which was thirst quenching. My husband and I had the master bedroom which had a jacuzzi overlooking the indian ocean . The view both from the bedroom and the bathroom was spectacular. Especially the sunrise.
The rooms were kept extremely clean.

This place is secluded and is right at the end of Diani beach south coast so you can have your privacy. The town is not a walking distace away.
I loved the infinity pool overlooking the sea.
Faisa (the owner )was so acommodating.
The first night we had a kareoke on the beech and a bonfire too for the delicious marshmallows

The second night we had our set dinner by the pool with live music. We danced the night way by the pool. It was awsome.

All the pre selected meals provided by Faisa's staff were truly of high standand.
Presentation was just perfect. The home made pastries were so scrumptious.

This place is truly more than luxurious in every way.
It is perfect for any type of getway... be it a family one ... party with friends. .. or even .
Faisa thanks you so much for making us feel welcome and creating a perfect "paradise in heaven".

I would highly recommend this place.

I would definitely go back .

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Villa Kalista? Share your experiences!