“Swahili Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Diani Beach
Nairobi, Kenya
“Swahili Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was at Swahili a couple of days ago with family and I must say it was a wonderful experience.
Brilliant staff, wonderful ambiance, breathtaking decor and great service.
I would highly recommend it for anyone looking to unwind in a beautiful, relaxed space.
Special thanks to Axel( Guest Relations) for taking time to make sure our stay was as comfortable as possible.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

An awesome hotel with very friendly staff and comfortable and clean rooms. The food is excellent especially the buffet. There is a wide variety to cater for all: from salad station to pasta station to grills, curries and desserts. The pools are excellent and well maintained. All the staff were very warm and friendly. The cocktail bar is excellent with a wide variety of cocktails and drinks. Thumbs up to them!!! The best hotel in Mombasa so far!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Shyamolae, Manager at Swahili Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I can confidently say Swahili is by far one of the best hotels in Diani; from the ambiance, the service and oh yes the pool! The rooms are very spacious and clean. The food is great and they really make an effort to alternate the buffet meals thus keeping it exciting. I particularly loved the pizzas at the beach bar! The service is excellent! The cascading pool takes the prize home though...I just couldn't get enough of it and the best part of it is, you don't have to worry about the kids going to the deep end because it's not that deep. The only one thing that needs improvement is the kid's club. Whereas the rest of the staff at Swahili are very efficient, the few at the kids club look a bit lost. If they are not busy with their phones they are just sitting back, no clue how to engage the kids and neither do they make the effort. If this can be improved then everything will be perfect. All said and done, Swahili is a beautiful place and the architecture is most def worth a mention. I would recommend Swahili any time, hope to be back there soon!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments both positive and constructive. We are pleased you enjoyed the cascading pools so much!

As for the Kids Club we have taken this on board and are looking into ways to improve the services offered.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Nairobi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of a kind coast hotel in Kenya! Natural landscapes, numerous cascading pools, excellent beach layout, the Arabic architecture and spacious rooms, high ceilings..... Beautiful, beautiful holiday destination.

Room Tip: All rooms very strategically designed to give a good view of the beach and beautiful grounds.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The resort at Swahili Beach was probably amongst my favourite of all that I visited in Diani. It was beautiful and well maintained. The indian food that was served in the restaurant was also delicious - our compliments to the chef. Throughout the resort, I found that the staff were very attentive and I really did enjoy their selection of cocktails on the beach. My one complaint was that whilst being on the beach there were many persistent beach boys hawking for business from tourists. I do feel very sympathetic towards the fact that tourism has been very low in Kenya as of late, but it was hard to walk 10 metres of the beach without getting singled out as a tourist and approached to buy souvenirs.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our resort and especially about the Indian restaurant. We will pass your compliments on to the chef.

We have taken your feedback about the beach boys on board and we will work on improving security to ensure our guests are not hassled.

We hope to welcome you back to Swahili Beach soon.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited a short while ago with some mates. Walking in the first view of the resort through the long lobby is amazing. Staff were really nice too and gave us each a complimentary 'Dawa' at arrival before heading to the rooms.

Each day I had the perfect routine...

Gym in the morning to set the day off right (Was pleasantly surprised to see it was very well equipped)
Over to breakfast which was quite the spread, from pastries to Spanish omlettes.
Then it was time for some light reading on the huge outdoor beds dotted about by the many infinity pools or playing table tennis.
Lunch would be next up on the list, where the cleverly named hotel bar 'Barharini' was the place to be, its right by the beach and the calamari rings are the biggest I've ever seen.
Then it was chill again until the coffee lounge opened up in the afternoon and served really tasty, strong swahilli style coffee.
Not long from then was dinner which was an even more impressive spread, from local dishes to pastas and seafood, I was definitely stuffed by the end.
Back down to Barharini for a quick drink before heading out to check out Diani's nightlife!

That on repeat for the few days I was there is my idea of heaven!
The rooms were awesome too, literally felt like a King.

Definitely recommend the resort to any one headed to Diani, I cant wait for my next visit ...

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Swahili Beach and we thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for 5 nights last month. Loved every inch of the place, and the staff were the friendliest I've ever met. I couldn't have asked for more at this place.

The food was amazing. You should definitely try the Swahili inspired cuisine which will blow your mind. I LOVED the Barharini Beach Bar - such a beautiful place to relax and have your lunch with your loved ones. I especially loved it at night, when it transformed into an even more mesmerizing place.

The owners were there and they were the friendliest people we've ever come across.

I would highly recommend Swahili Beach to anyone looking for a relaxing, wonderful time on the shores of the best beach in Africa.

Thank you Swahili Beach!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments and positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Swahili Beach very soon.

Swahili Beach Management

Been to Swahili Beach Resort? Share your experiences!