We stayed at Stilts for three nights and had a great time staying in a treehouse. Staff were friendly and helpful, the treehuts were cute and comfortable and the main hang out area was very chilled and relaxing. A few things we especially liked were:
* the directions on their website on how to get there by Matatu and ferry were spot on and easy to follow. It cost two of us under 250 shillings to get there from Mombasa as opposed to 2000-3000 by taxi!
* there are guards posted outside who will walk you up the driveway (if you are getting off a matatu) or back from 40 Thieves at night - this made us feel much safer as we had read a couple of negative reviews. We had no problems with security at all staying at Stilts.
* there is now wifi there! 300 shillings for use throughout your stay.
* we asked and were able to have a bonfire one night - we loved cooking our own sausages and roasting marshmallows over the fire.
* the wildlife you can see around is really cool - monkeys and bush babies and lizards etc....
We would definitely stay here again (although would perhaps pick a different time of year - June wasn't quite as hot and sunny as we would have liked!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Stilts Backpackers Diani Beach Kenya (Opposite Ali Barbours Cave), Stilts is a Backpackers and campsite situated in tropical forest just 250 mt from Diani Beach, access to the beach is through Forty Thieve's Beach Bar. It is centrally located next to supermarkets and banking facilities. It consists of Tree Houses built out of local materials and nestled in the tree canopies. The Tree Houses don't have their own facilities but share the well maintained communal toilet and shower block. Stilts backpackers also has cottages with their own bathroom. Rates are Single Ksh 1,500 per night, Double Ksh 1,200 per person per night and Triple Ksh 900 per person per night. The cottages are Ksh 3,000 per night. Up to four people can sleep in the cottages. We also offer information on all activities in the area, including travel tips for those on their travels. GPS(4.18.46S,39.34.28E) ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Stilts Backpackers Hotel Diani