All in all - homely, beautiful hotel/b&b on a stunning beach, with plenty of options for water sports, removed from the package resorts of Diani.
My girlfriend and I stayed at Kenyaways for a week in April. The low season was just beginning so it was quiet along the beach, and it's a little way from the main resorts of Diani so I imagine it's relaxed at any time of the year.
The spot is idyllic- we stayed in a cheaper double without a sea view and with shared bathroom, but it was very nicely done. You have fans to keep you cool and as it's so close to the sea there's almost always a breeze, so we slept well despite the heat and humidity. They have a garden running down to a raised terrace that drops straight onto the beach - plenty of options for just lazing about, from a hammock beneath the palms to sun-loungers.
The attached restaurant is really nice - relaxed but attentive staff and delicious food - as they say on the menu it's a small restaurant so the choice can be limited by availability of produce, but whatever they serve is incredibly fresh and perfectly cooked. I had fish most nights and was never disappointed.
The location seems perfect for kitesurfing as the reef is a little way offshore (about 1000m) leaving a big stretch of lagoon to learn in, plus the reef for the more experienced. For my part I booked Kenyaways because they mention they welcome surfers as well as kite-surfers - entirely true, as I found out. The owner, Linzi, was very helpful pointing out where the best spots were, and her and her boyfriend also invited me to join a trip up to the local rivermouth (10-15minutes drive) where there's a beachbreak. The waves were mellow (they build through to June), but that proved a good chance to try out surfing a reef - a long paddle or a boat ride with local fishermen.
Be ready for the highly amusing and kleptomaniac monkeys - we had one outside our window which we were merrily photographing. We thought it was wondering off but instead it had spotted some apples in a plastic bag next to the door which we'd foolishly left open - it came running in and nabbed one. Probably our closest encounter with wildlife after 3 months in Kenya. They also have a penchant for lifting the toast straight out of the toaster at breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kenyaways bed & breakfast Diani Beach is a family run B&B holiday villa right on a beautiful Diani beach. Kenyaways only has 11 bedrooms, 5 with seaview, beach facing. One is a self catering apartment. Kenyaways is exclusive yet reasonably priced for travelers and holiday makers for families, couples or single travellers. The Kenyaways beach villa is colorful and friendly and has a relaxing vibe and a magnificent view of the beach. It is convenient for onward travel, general relaxation, water sports, communications, shopping and nightlife. Kenyaways is especially attractive for kite surfers and surfers. Kenyaways Diani Beach has a watersports centre and kite surf school offering kite surf lessons and IKO kitesurf courses to beginners and intermediates. The kite school is Diani Beach's leading kite surf school and offer a professional service all year round. Diving is also an option for the less wind days and there is an amazing tropical coral reef which runs parallel to the beach where you can see many colorful interesting coral and fish as well as turtles and dolphins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Kenyaways Beach Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenyaways Beach Bed & Breakfast & Restaurant Hotel Diani
- Kenyaways Beach Bed And Breakfast & Restaurant