On Saturday night, my husband had an event to attend at the hotel and we decided to join him and spend the weekend over there. After a longer drive than expected (the highway was under repair so some parts were diverted the long way through the mountains) we arrived to Costa Navarino. The resort premises are stunning as they mix with the environment and also give you as sense of being in a small quite village of your own.
My husband had a double room booked but we were lucky to be upgraded to a suite.
We arrived around 3pm so were very hungry. We quickly checked in, as soon as we asked about the lunch options and decided to have a quick bite at their souvlaki place, one gentleman guided us there while our luggage was taken to the room.
We were supposed to ask the staff to guide us to our room when we finished eating, but decided to just take a stroll and find it ourselves. It was not the right idea as the place is huge. I would suggest the management to write not only your room number but the area it is close to as each area has an specific name. Anyways, I cannot complain about getting lost as we decided to skip asking and go on our own.
The room was very nice and also they had small details like the personalized welcome card, dessert board, fruit platter, everything.
We had dinner at their italian place (de Luigi or da Luigi, cannot recall exactly). The food was excellent, highly recommend a visit to them on your next visit.
One detail I really liked is that smokng is not allowed, which is very rare in Greece, where almost everyone smokes and forces non-smokers to second hand smoke.
The only negative comment I have is that we asked if a nanny was available for our 1 year old baby, and were informed that they only provide that service for children over 3 years old. I was surprised because the website mentions babysitting services are available, but again, they also mentioned that for more info we should call, which I didn't so I give them the benefit of the doubt.
To sum up, if you are thinking visiting, stop thinking and go. Try to go on the warmer months so you can use the pools and enter the sea, but even in winter I am sure you will enjoy it as it is very relaxing.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino Hotel Messenia Region
- The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino Hotel
- The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino Greece/Peloponnese
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by old Messinian mansions, the resort’s low-rise villa clusters use natural stone and local design elements to create a motif in perfect harmony with virgin sandy beaches and the pristine hillside landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.