I will start with the good stuff. The resort is in a beautiful location and spread out without interfering with the nature around it. There was a lot of thought put into the design of the property and general maintenance is very good. In theory, the resort also contains all of the options you can think of such as tennis, golf, a beautiful beach, great swimming pools, great facilities for children, etc.
So where do the problems start? The arrival to the location is difficult, especially if you fly into the Athens airport and take the 4 hour drive which starts to resemble a roller coaster ride after the first two ours.
We arrived at our room where the air conditioner was not working and there was no hot water. It was all fixed the next morning but we received no compensation for this. Nobody seemed to have thought this was a big problem.
The biggest problem was that when you arrive in off season, half of the facilities are closed. For example, at lunch time there are only two-three restaurants open, so if you are enjoying the water park at one end, you have to leave it all and walk for 15 minutes to get to another restaurant, not easy with little kids.
In addition, it seems someone invested a lot of time and effort in writing the rule of the place, but then left the work to employees without a very active management. For example, if tissues run out in your room, it was not filled automatically. Or if you ask for a buggy ride to the room at night, the driver did not remember where our room number was and asked us "if we knew?"
In addition, despite the large number of restaurants the food was average, except for the Italian restaurant which was very nice, but then again, who knows since half the restaurants were closed.
In summary, this is like a student with great potential that was not fulfilled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by old Messinian mansions, the resort’s low-rise villa clusters use natural stone and local design elements to create a motif in perfect harmony with virgin sandy beaches and the pristine hillside landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino Hotel Messenia Region
- The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino Greece/Peloponnese