My future hubby and I went to Greece in 2005 but stayed at the Planos Apartments. When doing some walking around Tsilivi we found the beautiful beach where the Alexandra Beach Hotel is. As we were engaged at the time we promised ourselves we would come back in 2008 for our honeymoon and stay at the Alexandra Beach Hotel.
When back in the Uk we found out that you can get married on the beach at the Hotel, so our undecidedness of where to marry was soon forgotten and we found a wedding co-ordinator in Tsilivi and after numerous e-mails and a few phone calls, our flight back to Greece had arrived in August of 2008.
RECEPTION & ROOMS:
When you arrive at the hotel there are so many beautiful flowers and plants that surround the hotel. The reception area is clean, bright and the staff are lovely. As we had the honeymoon suite, we were totally shocked when entering our room.
The room was very clean, BIG, and bright and as for our balcony, well i think we could of had a disco there. It was massive, very private and the view was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful seeing the ocean and the beach. Now this is just the honeymoon suite, and upon meeting other tourists there, and we asked about thier rooms, they even said how spacious and good it was.
The staff are very friendly and will always do there best to make your vacation memorable. Many times drinks were on the house and believe me...the drinks are STRONG! The staff always came up to us and talked and even when leaving the hotel to do some sightseeing, they would always wave and smile. Very nice people!
The only time we ate there was after we got married on the beach and you will certainly NOT go hungry. We ordered a greek salad, bottle of wine and a plate of shrimp and was totally shocked when the seafood came out to us. We thought only a few shrimp would be on a plate but this was a platter the size of three big dinner plates.
The beach is not for hotel guests only. Anyone can go there! The part of the beach which is the nicest and cleanest is right by the beach bar at the hotel. There are tables with thatched roofs and makes the atmosphere very tropical. Music is always playing (not loud) and majority of the time is was raggae. If you head to the other part of the beach further down you may not like it as much as it is packed with so many tourists, and we did find not only on the beach but also in the water some not very nice things. I don't mean sea creatures (well one time I freaked out as we were swamped with jelly fish around us) but what i mean is garbage and personal belongings to men and women. Think you get what i'm saying!?!
But stay by the hotel and i guarentee you will like it.
The entertainment in the evenings is very good. Most nights there are themed nights and while we stayed there, the owner of the hotel with his family had a massive bbq on the beach, with some family members playing instruments and singing. They made us feel very welcome as they came up to us and said "hi" and even offered us free drinks...which of course we welcomed.
Other nights were a disco outside and even fireworks.
If you head down the strip of Tsilivi you will find a lot more bars. The two brothers was our favourite and the Kaliva which is just at the bottom of the hill from the hotel.
My husband and I rented a jeep for two days and believe me this is all you need as in the two days we drove around the entire island. This is a great way to see the little things you won't see on paid trips and some of the scenery is beautiful. We found this little village in the middle of nowhere and bought some really authentic stuff like greek bowls, oils, etc...and it is much cheaper than the stores in the resorts.
Another day we booked a trip to see the loggerhead turtles but unfortunately we didn't see any and one trip I highly recommend is going to Smugglers Cove. All I can say is WOW!!!
Our stay at the Alexandra Beach Hotel is definately a memorable one. Not only because we got married there and had our honeymoon but because of the incredible hospitality. The weather is hot, people are nice, the hotel is beautiful and big and cannot fault one single thing. As this was our second time to Tsilivi we may go back yrs from now to spend our 25th anniversary there, but if not...then at least we have the memories of a truely wonderful and relaxing vacation.
Hope this helps those of you going to Tsilivi for the first time and I wish you a GREAT vacation as i'm sure you will have.
All the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome to the SENTIDO Alexandra Beach Resort on the enchanting Greek island of Zakynthos which offers you an unforgettable beach holiday in the Mediterranean with direct access to the beach and with leisure and service facilities. The SENTIDO Alexandra Beach Resort lies directly at the sandy beach of Tsilivi on the Greek island of Zakynthos, the southernmost of the Ionian islands. Zakynthos was named the "flower of the east" by the Venetians due to its lush vegetation and the picturesque sandy beaches. The beach is just a step away. Holidaymakers can rent sun-loungers and parasols there and hire canoes and paddle boats for a small fee. Just a few minutes' drive takes you to the centre of the port of Zakynthos, 7 km away. The island's main town offers you culture, museums, restaurants and cafes as well as plenty of shopping opportunities. International clubs are located at Tsilivi beach 1 km away. The nearest tavernas and shops are just 250 m from the hotel. Zakynthos Airport lies c. 8 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Alexandra Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Alexandra Beach
- Alexandra Beach Zakynthos
- Alexandra Beach Tsilivi
- Alexandra Beach Hotel
- Alexandra Beach Resort Zakynthos/Tsilivi