“Terrible Hotel” 1 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 stars 283 Reviews
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Terrible Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and i stayed at this hotel from 30th august to 13th september 2012 on first arrival it was really nice and the views were really very nice , that was till we got allocated our room the rooms were very basic the toitels dirty smelly and very badly tiled and the food was slops rooms and food i wouldent put as a 1 star , staff in hotel very nice and tsillvi was a very nice. resort wood like to go back to tsillvi one day but not the alexandra hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Angela S, Front Office Manager at Sentido Alexandra Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Mary
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your staying in Alexandra Beach Hotel and I would like to take this chance to comment on your review. First of all, the room's furniture as you have probably already seen in other reviews, is indeed basic, but the rooms are always immaculately clean. The same goes for the bathrooms. They are never smelly, or dirty. Sometimes the bathroom's faucets might be discolored from the chemicals we use to sanitise them, but in no way can I accept that the bathroom was dirty. As for the food, I understand that people's taste in food varies and some people are quite fussy eaters, but calling a hotel's menu, eaten by hundreds of people eveyday, slops, is a comment that I would rather consider unfortunate. In any case, if you were not happy with something while you were in the hotel, you should have contacted the reception department, or myself and we would have done everything in our power to assist you in the best possible way. Thank you for your nice words about the hotel's staff. They will all be very happy to know that their hard work is recognised and appreciated.
If you ever consider coming back to Zakynthos I would be more than happy to welcome you in our hotel again, so as to give us the chance to make you reconsider your current impression.
Thank you for staying in our hotel and always travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Me and my friend booked into Alexandra Beach Hotel last minute and it was a great hotel. When we arrived we were greeted by a lovely receptionist who welcomed us and directed us to our rooms and the breakfast area. The rooms were fine and clean and had everything you needed for a comfortable stay including air conditioning in the evenings. The balcony was large and nice to sit outside on in the evenings and early mornings.

The location of the hotel was great, it has its own beach or you can walk for ten minutes to Tsilivi beach which is larger and has watersports such as a banana boat, ringos and canoes etc. There is also a pool which was nice too. It is only about a ten minute walk to Tsilvi resort centre with shops, bars and night life. In Tsilivi resort there are loads of offices advertising days out such as boat trips which are all reasonably priced.

The food at the hotel was really nice. Breakfast had loads of choice including fruit, yoghurt, cereals, biscuits/cake, pastries, bread and lots of cooked items and it all tasted good! The evening meals were good too, again with lots of variety. I am a vegetarian and had no problem at all. There was always lots of fresh salads and appetizers to choose from, at least 4 vegetarian options, meat options (which my friend said were nice), and potatoes, rice, chips etc. I think you would have to be a really fussy eater not to enjoy the food or find something you like. Staff in the restaurant (and the rest of the hotel) were really friendly which created a nice atmosphere. The restaurant is in a nice location too overlooking the sea, we always sat outside to enjoy this.

The weddings that took place were quite nice to watch and didnt take over the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to groups of friends, families and couples and if I go back to Tsilivi I would definitely go to Alexandra Beach again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Angela S, Front Office Manager at Sentido Alexandra Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Ella
Hello from Alexandra Beach Hotel. I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am also very happy to know that your stay with us was everything that you expected and that you had such a nice time. I will make sure to pass your nice words to the hotel's staff who will also be very excited to know that their hard and loving work is recognised and appreciated.
Once again thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your holidays and hope to see you again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

just back from my holiday in greece,stay in this hotel for one week.i have to say ,location just superb,lovely beach,nice views,located shord distance from tsilivi,just ideal!!!!!! find staff very helpfull and friendly,specialy the guys on the beach and a british girl working there always say hi and smile to me.room was ok,nothing to special,but it was always clean,and had everything you need,downside smelly bathroom and noise outside the balcony early in the morning,up at 6 every day.stayed on half board basis,breakfast and dinner not what i was expecting for a 4 star hotel ive been told .overall food was good,if you come early,only letdown by variety of food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
AngelaSouli, Front Office Manager at Sentido Alexandra Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Rimaciziute

Hello from Alexandra Beach Hotel. Thank you for taking the vauable time to write your review for our hotel. Our guests' opinions are very important to us because they help us improve our standards of service.
I noticed in your review that there was an issue in your room concerning a smell in the bathroom. I do not know how this happened, but for such cases, the hotel has a 24 hour maintenance service which is even more intensive in the hours between 7am and 3 pm and any problem concerning any kind of malfunction in the room is solved, usually within 24 hours, but most of the time, instantly. Should you have contacted reception, the matter would have been solved instantly. As for the noise outside your door, again contacting reception is always the best way to resolve any matter concerning your staying in a hotel.
As for the variety of food, our hotel has a 15 days menu which is being renewed frequently and we always have very good comments from our guests.
Nevertheless the taste and variety of the food served is always subjected to each guest's taste
standards and all suggestions are welcome.
I will make sure to pass your nice words to the members of the staff and I will be more than happy to see you in Alexandra Beach Hotel again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed with my good friend in hotel from 3 till 17 august.We liked all,starting from lovely and picturesque beach,very kindely staff, which is really ready to solve your problems,if you need help, colorful sea, super beachbar, sucess location in realation to capital of island,fantastic nature.Thank you very much, it was great! We will come again next year!Anna.Moscow,Russia.

• Stayed August 2012
Angela S, Front Office Manager at Sentido Alexandra Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Anna
Hello form Alexandra Beach Hotel.
Thank you for spending your holidays in our hotel and I am very happy to know that you had a fabulous time and our staff did their best to serve you in the best way.
I will pass your lovely words to all the members of the staff who would be very pleased to know that all their hard work is recognised and that our guests are having a wonderful time.
Hope to see you again in Alexandra Beach Hotel and again thank you for your lovely words.
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The location of this hotel is exceptional. The beach is beautiful, the sea is warm and safe, the waters amazingly clear. The hotel itself was generally fairly quiet, the food was good if a little predictable. The rooms were very basic but very clean and kept that way by the ladies who did the cleaning. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly and the holiday was very relaxing. The only down side was the number of weddings which meant the beach bar was closed to residents for half of our stay and the poolside bungalows were very noisy till quite late so sleep was difficult.
On balance though a great base for a holiday and I would go back

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Dawn
Hello from Alexandra Beach Hotel.
Thank you for spending your holidays here with us and I hope that we did our best to make your holidays memorable. Alexandra Beach Hotel is a famous wedding venue and lots of our guests choose us to organise their weddings. Most of the times this is also appealing to other guests who spend their holidays with us. They love having their drink and watching the wedding from the terrace of our snack bar above the beach bar, or also from the beach, since the beach is not closed to other residents.
Still I do realise that sometimes this may be a bit annoying to other guests who would more preferable choose to have their drinks in the beach bar. Just to point out that the beach bar is not closed all day, in fact it is not closed at all most of the times. Guests can be served at the beach tables and if the wedding is not private, even at the bar.
We always try to combine everything in the best way and I do think that we manage quite well.
In any case we apologise for any inconvenience caused and we do hope that we will have the chance to see you again in our hotel and offer you a drink by our beautiful beach.
Thank you very much again for choosing Alexandra Beach Hotel for your holidays and looking forward to having you here again.
Folkestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

lovely location with great views over the sea- pool great and lovely sandy beach down a few steps.staff were all very freindly and helpful- clean with all the basics (only complaint-bed was too hard for my liking) Few minutes walk from the "strip"- local bars, cafes, tourist shops yet hotel never seemed to noisy or crowded.Buffet style restaurant with lovely views over sea , food was typical of buffet style resonable choice with good salad,fish ,meat rice or pasta most nights.Desert was often just fruit or ice cream ,local wine was very drinkable ! Cocktails and spirits generous for about 4to 5 euros. Overall very happy and would go back happily.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Angela S, Front Office Manager at Sentido Alexandra Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Hello Janet
Thank you for taking the valuable time to write a review for our hotel and the time you spent here with us during your holidays. I am very happy to know that you had a nice time not only in the hotel but also in Tsilivi resort. We always try to keep our prices low and our quality high and it is nice to know that we are doing a good job. The beds' matresses are meant to be a little bit harder for orthopedic reasons, but I do realise that are a bit different than the ones we have at home.
We are looking forward to having you here again and I will pass your kindest words to all the staff in Alexandra Beach Hotel.
Once more thank you and always travel safe.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a weeks solos trip - what a location! Right on the beach - amazing views lovely warm water in the pool and the sea - good snorkelling too. All round beautiful spot with peace and quiet or a lively nightlife if you need near by. The hotel is in a unique spot set outside the main bustle of Tsilivi - easily reachable with a 5 min stroll. It is a lovely looking hotel painted pale blue (the website photos don't do it justice). My room was on the first floor with a private sea facing balcony, the air con worked and it was cleaned everyday to a decent standard with towels replaced. The room was basic and the bathroom small - it ended up just being a wet room really and I managed as a solo traveller but I imagine it could get seriously soggy with more than 1 person - but it functioned and the shower was ok - no power shower but it was hot and did ok 4 me. I had a small fridge which was really useful - others in my group had bungalows or rear facing rooms which were all ok as rooms but the view in mine made up for what was lacking in theirs.

The staff were lovely - really helpful and hard working. The food was so so - I'm a fussy eater and breakfast wasn't great - I stuck to fruit mainly - the was a play on a theme of fry up - congealed eggs, frankfurter sausages, beans rock hard toast, congealed butter. They did have cereals & small pastries which were ok - but not great - dinner was better with plenty more options - lots for vegetarians - 4x types of salad - a potato, rice or pasta selection and meat or fish - others said these were quite salty.

As this is a half board hotel all the extras are made on drinks lunches and trips and tips. This is not a cheap holiday with a coke (small bottle) at 2€ + and a cheese toasty from 3€+ - lunch was necessary as breakfast was sparce/yuk and dinner wasn't. till 8pm - but the snack bars are delicious with excellent service.

Did 2 excursions to shipwreck/blue caves (speedboat recommended) and to see the turtles which actually felt a bit sad when we did because they were trapped by a number of boats into finally coming up for air and yet they're supposed to be a protected species - had I known it was going to watched these wild creatures being 'hearded' I probably wouldn't have gone.
Nightlife - Molly malones, two brothers, and the Friday night Alexandra beach party were all awesome
By day sunbeds by the beach were 6€ for a pair with umbrella - steep but lovely to be by the sea- by the hotel pool they are free - but they get bagged early
Conclusions -I'd go back definitely - great place for families - safe - but pricey - and ask for a sea view it makes ALL the difference

• Stayed July 2012
AngelaSouli, Front Office Manager at Sentido Alexandra Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Stripery
I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays and for taking the valuable time to post a review concerning your experience of spending your holidays here in Alexandra Beach Hotel.
I am happy to know that your holidays with us was all you expected and that you really had a nice and enjoyable time not only here in the hotel, but also on the island.
Alexandra Beach Hotel operates on half board basis and thus the drinks and snacks are with extra charge, which in comparison to the prices in various restaurants and snack bars around the resort are quite low.
The Hotel pays an annual fee to the municipality authorities for having sunbeds and umbrellas on the beach and in order for the place to be kept clean and tidy, there is also an employer of the Hotel who takes care of the premises and of the guests requests. This is the reason why there is a small charge for the sunbeds next to the sea.
And of course as you mentioned sunbeds and umbrellas by the pool are free.
I would like to point out that your comments will be taken under serious consideration, because in our effort to become better, each and every comment counts.
We are looking forward to having you here in Alexandra Beach Hotel in the future and this will maybe give you the opportunity to see how much better we have become.
Thank you very much again for staying with us and we will be more than happy to see you again in the future.
Take care and always travel safe.
Best regards from the management and staff of the Alexandra Beach Hotel.

Been to Sentido Alexandra Beach Resort? Share your experiences!