We arrived on the 22nd of June for a week after midnight and was quite pleased that they had reserved some food for us even though it was late. We took a taxi from the airport (40/45 Euros).
The room was a good size and I would suggest a room on the 8th floor - they all have a little patio to the pool with chairs, 2 comfy sun loungers and an umbrella. The room was cleaned every day and fresh towels left for us everyday as well.
There are 2 pools and a beach which you can either go down by lift or stairs. On the beach there are 2 jetties from where you can do some water sports or get an excursion to other parts of the island.
In terms of food the main restaurant is what you'd expect from this level of resort; the breakfast has fruit, cereal, yogurt, cooked items, pastries and for the more adventurous olives, pickles and feta. The lunch and dinner always offered a variety of meat, fish and veg and in the end I always felt like I ate too much!!
The hotel also has 2 a la carte restaurants which open on alternate days and have to be booked the evening before. Both were quite a nice change from the buffet. On the second floor there's a bar and a balcony where we sat outside every evening enjoying a drink and the view.
If you generally like a resort with entertainment then unless you understand French this resort is not for you. We didn't care much about it but it is to be noted that it's all in French.
The resort is in an area where there isn't much around in terms of bars and other restaurants but a 10 minutes drive will get you to ipsos where there's more night life.
All in all the resort is great if you're looking for peace and quite. A break from the city and technology (no tv channels and no WiFi). It was a week of being lazy, sunning myself, eating too much and enjoying time with my partner.
One last tip - always allow 15/30 mins extra on top of your journey when booking a taxi; Greek time is a lot more relaxed!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Corfu Hotel Nissaki
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel Corfu
- Sunshine Vacation Resort Corfu
- Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa Nissaki