“we had a great time” 5 of 5 stars

Vlachata, Lourdas, Greece   |
Coventry, United Kingdom
“we had a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

my partner and I had a brilliant time steve and eleni were really good to us .on one occasion lyn was wasn't feeling well and steve took us in his own car to the chemist. he offers good breakfast lunch time food.has awell stocked bar. lovely arpartments very clean. barbecue nite is amust great food and abrill laugh .we meet loads of friends .but u need a car if u what to c the island. idont why people ave a dig at steve and eleni we thought they were great hosts do anythink for u

Room Tip: 218 is a brill room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
West Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I, our third time here, so it can't be that bad!, excellent location, views across the bay, lovely sunrises/sunsets, and the cleanliness cannot be faulted. The cleaner here is absolutely excellent so for those who criticise me for reviewing it twice here I am for a third time following my wife and I being there in June 2013. It's very hilly so (a) hire a car, may we suggest Frank at Express Cars (next door to supermarket) (he has never let us down), (b) once you have the car visit Lidl and do the odd night self catering. Self catering is just that here, we asked for a toilet roll when the first ran out, Steve told us we were self catering so we had to buy our own!. The barbeque night has now drifted from a Greek night and barbeque night to a grill night (with nothing barbequed), now 15 euro each (for 30 euro can eat, have a litre of wine and leave a sizeable tip for that at Olive Lounge), with now a disc jockey with sound on maximum so if not going there you now get it until 12 midnight, echoing round the buildings, with lots of karaoke, so if not attending, do go out on a Thursday evening and stay out! If you have a late flight you can shower at the pool shower (in full view of all) with cold water, when asking to keep your room Steve has someone coming into it but, if you pay ......... We did not use the bar (again) and felt as if we were being watched at all times by Eleni (who tends to spend hours at a time on the phone), and a new notice appeared whilst we were there (picture below), nothing to do with us..... Strange how many returning guests said to us this year that they will not be returning again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying in these apartments since I was little, this is the most amazing place I have ever stayed, we love the owners and we are very close to them ignore what people are saying about them being money grabbers, there amazing people that own an amazing place

• Stayed August 2012
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've read some bizarre reviews and can't understand why anybody would find a problem with Aristomenis Studios.

What's better than waking up and opening your doors to the beautiful blue sea or dramatic back drop of the mountain?

As for the hospitality it is second to none. Steve and Eleni are very welcoming and have a great sense of humour which and some people who misunderstand may be mistaking 'dry' humour for rudeness. They have always made us feel very welcome and the traditional barbecue nights make a great night in if you fancy something different than the local tavernas.

Can't wait to return this year and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and baking sun.

Nick and Emma

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

After reading some recent negative reviews (2 from the same person) I must say that I have stayed at Aristomenis several times and have always found the owners Steve and Eleni most welcoming, hard working, friendly and will go out of their way to make your holiday very enjoyable (even when not spending money at the pool bar!) I can only imagine that the problem some people seem to have had is with their own attitude!! and as for the moans about the beach being too far away - do these people never take any notice of the information which is given on booking or do a bit of simple research? I'm glad these people will not return to Aristomenis as I would not want to holiday at the same place as them!
Aristomenis is in a stunning location, sea views are beautiful from most of the rooms and from the pool. Gardens are lovely, pool area is always clean and tidy and well looked after. Rooms are basic but adequate and very clean ours have always had stunning sea views. Location is quiet and peaceful and very relaxing. BBQ night is a must, as much as you can eat and a good variety of food, traditional music and dancing - great laugh! I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in September first thoughts were that we had been dropped on the moon.how wrong I was.the apartments were exelent,Steve and elenie were very nice and very helpful,don't know how some people can have a go at them they were always happy to help with anything.the island itself is stunning best views ever but you need a car it's a must,Lourdes is very quiet in September so exelent for a chill out holiday if your looking for lively don't come here.met some lovely people as well and they helped us have one of the best holidays ever,despite my initial reservations. Paul n jan room 223

Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Owners are so rude I can only imagine that the people writing the favourable comments are happy to spend their cash on their over priced bar and obey their absurd rules. Lourdas is beautiful and well worth a visit. It is ruined by the "hospitality" of the owners. I will return ti Lourdas, just not to Aristomenis.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aristomenis Studios? Share your experiences!