“Exceptional!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Exceptional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

one of the higher end restaurants in San Stefanos, we visited here twice and was not disappointed either time!

the restaurant was clean and well presented (nicest toilets in Corfu!!). The service was excellent and food delicious!

It was a little more expensive then other restaurants around it but it is well worth it! Try the chilli prawns starter, its to die for!!

Visited September 2012

Tunstall
“Brilliant food at bargain price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Beachcomber is a culinary breath of fresh air in the resort. I love Greek food and find the quality in San Stefanos to be excellent and consistent throughout the resort.
Unfortunately I am a notoriously "unsafe" eater as I have to order something that I have never had before.
The menu in the Beachcomber is perfection for me as it is full of potential new favourites. I can strongly recommend the Seafood Caldine, as with all good curries the spices should enhance the flavours of the meat fish etc.. Believe me the seafood in this is tasty in its own right. The rice is of a perfect consistency and subtly spiced too.
Besides the food the service is exceptional. To us Greek wine is very hit and miss, we have our own favourites at home but never get to see Greek wine. On ordering one bottle we found it just not to our taste. Sue the owner would not accept that it was our fault that we'd bought a wine that didn't suit us and provided an alternative at no extra cost.
You know when you find good food, at a good price and service totally focused on a god customer experience you have found an absolute gem of a restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
UK
“Class of its own”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

visited last week during our holiday. had read the reviews before we visited and was therefore aware that its considered the best restaurant in the resort, and without a doubt it was. it has a superb setting with complete sea views. unfortunately it was too windy to sit outside to appreciate the sunset fully. the menu is brief compared to others, but i would still have chosen all of the options on it. i chose sea food curry and my wife has perch parcel, both beautifully cooked and flavoured. we chose a superb prosecco to accompany the meal. the meal was the most expensive of the holiday but by far the best. took me a while to find the restaurant, but when you see the beach/port sign - head towards the port - hope you enjoy it

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Location, Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This restaurant overlooks the beach and you can heart the waves when eating gorgeous food. On our first visit, I had the Perch Parcel with fresh vegetables. The second time I ate the chicken stuffed with Feta cheese: both equally delicious. The price was extremely reasonable. The staff were very attentive without being overbearing. The House Wine was extremely drinkable!! The desserts are to die for !! It is very popular so it is better to book a day in advance.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hove, UK
“surprisingly different food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Much as I like greek food, sometimes you just want something a bit different. This place fitted the bill. I had an excellent pork and pear dish which was the sort of meal we would pay a lot more for back in Britain. Lovely views over the beach and pole position for the sunset, this was quite a change from the usual. My daughter's seafood pasta was also excellent and there was a good range of veggie options. A little more expensive and probably not great with little kids, but verygood with older ones.