“Always Enjoy Our Visits !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 restaurants in Madeira Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Always Enjoy Our Visits !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

We have been dining at Ruby Lake for 10 years and still enjoy the occasional meal there. Aldo is an excellent Italian chef owner has a special way with fish and game. The pasta is also excellent. Our favorite dish though is the fresh seafood latter. Go for it if avaialble!

The service is always very friendly but in the summer months, the staff and kitchen can at times get a bit overwealmed. Thus its best to reserve an early table.

• Visited September 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful food, great setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Enjoying our vacation in the beautiful Sunshine Coast, we were so disappointed in
the lack of good food and took to buying our own fresh seafood and preparing at our
B&B, (Marions in Gibsons)

When we drove by Ruby Lake Lodge on our way to a hike, we decided to give it
a try on the way back. Which turned out to be a great decision!!!

The outdoor seating area is rustic with beautiful wood tables. We ordered the
seafood platter special and a salad off the menu to share. (that was after
making sure the seafood was not fried) Cooked in wine the seafood was fresh
and flavorful as was the salad.

Service was slow, but polite. At last good food on the coast and seafood that
was not deep fried!!! To nite we will try Chasters in Gibsons...and let you know!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Gibsons, Canada
“Beautiful view but bland food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

We made a special trip to the Ruby Lake Resort to soak in the view and have a meal. On the former, we were totally satisfied; on the latter, not so much so. We were a group of three and all ordered different pasta dishes. All three of us were disappointed. Salty, but otherwise tasteless is how I would describe it. The presentation was mundane and the service was slow. Such a disappointment!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlottetown, Canada
“Paradise,friendly beyond belief,accommodating,perfect food,warm weather,amazing scenery just to mention a few...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

Hi, I'm not much of a writer but I'll give it my best shot...

My name is Joe, I live on Prince Edward Island and I was lucky enough to have been invited to Ruby lake by some friends who had been to Ruby Lake Resort before.. I didn't know what Ruby lake resort looked like before so I was sent a few pictures which peaked my interest however nothing prepared me for the shock I would receive when I arrived... They don't give me enough room to tell you about my entire holiday so I'll try to keep it short...

When we arrived I was shocked at how peaceful it was. I felt like I was in gods backyard because It is so breathtaking...
Georgio and his family gave us all such a huge warm welcome and then showed us their resort. You will enjoy the perfectly cared for cabins or the tents which are so awesome. My wife and I chose the Safari tents our friends chose the cabins.. The restaurant smells so good, you can smell the food they cook outside and when dinner comes..... Oho..its all I can say. You have to eat there to know.. Its the best ever. I'm serious I have never been fed so well anywhere in my travels....They have a nice spot set up for your own BBQ..The amphitheatre is so unique and a great place to hang out and relax when the stage is empty.. The lake.. I'm not sure but the lake is much more clean and clear than any Ruby I can imagine. It doesn't matter where you are you can see bottom..I spent several hours trying for the first time to water ski in the warm waters of Ruby but lets not talk about my inability to water ski...lol.. The Birds and animals they have are delicate and beautiful... As I type this I get racing through the so many excellent memories of that trip... All I can say is I am so luck to have met this family and stayed at their resort.. If your thinking of going this way please get in the car and drive, you can thank me after your trip...Ruby lake is truly the most breathtaking place I have ever been to... I have been to more than 40 states of America, all but three of Canada's provinces and recently Europe... I'm critical of imperfect services and accommodations but Ruby Lake Resort is etched into my memory like no other place.Ruby lake is excellent for friends who want to have some good clean fun, families with children, newly married couples, even seniors will love the amazing atmosphere of Ruby Lake Resort and the wonderful family who care for her.. During our long stay we near never bumped into other guests except for the restaurant however eating there is such a celebration that you will all feel like family..... I love it and you will too.. I have loads of personal video footage of Ruby Lake Resort, if it helps you and time allows me I'll send you what I can or post it on my youtube site... Now hurry and book a spot before their full... It's a great drive,easy to find and probably the safest place I have visited yet... Thanks Georgio,family and staff. My trip is a memory I cant imagine living without, it truly was that wonderful of a trip...

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Gibsons, Canada
“Warning !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

After reading the last 5-6 contributions from this restaurant , I think it would be naive to think this is Genuine ! . All of them from the same posted day with only 1 contribution per writers under their belt . Please .....Zero tolerance ADM.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere