It has been four years since I have stayed here for a three week stay that was truly enjoyable. It is a perfect location with tennis courts, park with exercise equipment provided by the city with no charge, a joining tree lined park with paved walkway, with full kids park and play area. Across from a river area with paved walkways. Street markets, shops and vendors are all close to hotel.
Have two vans, good secure parking, good lobby, very good hotel staff and parking lot staff.
Three areas have slipped since my last stay. Rates are high enough to not cut the obvious cost areas.
1) In Hotel
• Lights turned off in hallway areas with unoccupied rooms,
• the hotel hallway on 2nd floor has a musty smell that should be rectified
2) In Room
• Top cover soiled
• No coffee or tea in room
3) In Restaurant
• Chairs soiled and should be cleaned
• Buffett , had brewed coffee a plus, individual separate jam & butter plates a nice touch, but no bakery or rolls other than toast, The omelet left much to be desired, and was not well prepared, also no chesses anywhere on the egg cooking station or buffet. The overall quality of the food has changed drastically since last visit, and can only listed at average at best.
• On separate occasion ordered onion soup that was flavored water with no onions and a piece of 1” processed cheese floating on a small piece of toast. It was however adjusted off the bill.
• The staff was great it is a big negative the food quality has dropped so far; perhaps it was being the off season in June.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Chakungrao Riverview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.