“Excellent family run restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elif Restaurant (John's Place)

Elif Restaurant (John's Place)
Off Cumhuriyet Street, Turunc, Turkey
536 813 9889
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 38 restaurants in Turunc
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent family run restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Been to Turunç a few times as my parents have an apartment there and have to be honest, it is hard to find a BAD meal in turunç as everywhere has a good standard of cuisine and hygiene.
I write this review after having enjoyed one of Mustafa's speciality casseroles, a mixed çoban kavurma. I have ate here before but never thought of writing a review.
The Elif restaurant is situated just off the main street of turunç and is a friendly, efficient family run restaurant which serves a variety of well prepared and tasty Turkish and Ottoman cuisine.
The owner and head waiter Memet (commonly known as John) greets all guests at the restaurant with a smile and the typically Turkish feeling of being welcomed. hoşgeldiniz.

The food is prepared by Memet's brother, Mustafa, and retains the authentic, traditional, home cooked taste that my family and I enjoy during our visits. Despite the relatively high standard of food, the menu at the Elif is well priced including the drinks.

It is the family behind the Elif however that make the restaurant so special. As with a couple of other restaurants in Turunç, you feel like you have been invited into a family home. Memet (John) and his brother are very welcoming and ensure that your visit is enjoyable as do his wife and children who are often there.

I would highly recommend a visit to Elif restaurant during your stay in Turunç as we feel it is one of the best family run restaurants in the area, along with the Antik toward the back of the village.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
Bristol, United Kingdom
“One of my favourites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Always visit here when I come to Turunc. Just off the main high street. Shrimp casserole and steaks are always a favourite with us. Great hospitality and freshly cooked food.
Can't wait for our next visit!

Visited June 2013
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Best food in Turunc :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I have recently returned from Turunc and we are still talking about the food at the Elif. We ate there 3 times and every time was perfect. The Mexican steak and lamb shank are two of the best meals I have eaten and the service from John and Alex was excellent with nothing too much trouble. We will be returning to Turunc next year and look forward to visiting the Elif.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have visited Turunc 5 times over the last 2 years and on each occasion I have visited John's at least twice. The quality of the food is of the highest standard, with the shrimp casserole, cokertme kebab and the steaks at the top of my list, The welcome from Memet (John) is friendly and not intrusive. To avoid disappointment I suggest you book or avoid the busy times. The Meydan cocktail bar across the road is a good place for either a pre or post dinner drink.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
suffolk
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The food was great and good value and the service excellent. I was only a stones throw from our apartment. Try the shrimp casserole

Visited June 2013