“A motel with a difference - owner/managers that really care about their clients well being” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aveda Motor Lodge

You added Aveda Motor Lodge to your Saves list
Aveda Motor Lodge
151 Edinburgh St, Pukekohe 2120, New Zealand   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pukekohe
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I have just stayed here and received nothing but the best service from the owners. The service in general was excellent but what I am about to tell you is something really restores your faith in human nature.

I had managed to get locked out of my hire car and the hire company would not provide assistance; it was after normal hours. I rang the motel owner to request phone numbers of local taxi companies and upon hearing of my plight immediately drove 20km out into the countryside to where I was stranded and picked me up, took me 40km to Auckland airport to obtain a spare car key, then drove me back 40km to my car so that I could complete my business trip.

Thanks Aaron, this was service of the highest order and well beyond the call of duty. I thoroughly recommend staying at this motel whilst visiting in and around Pukekohe.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Napier, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The motel was very clean and tidy. Good facilities, quiet and peaceful. The hosts were very friendly, and even gave us a bottle of wine to cheer us up after a long stormy drive from Hawke's Bay. Good value for the money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Tauranga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Every year my husband and I share a few days holiday with another couple. We decided to explaore the Awhitu Peninsula as none of us had been there before. It was my task to book some accommodation. Not an easy job as our friends are extremely fussy. The first thing we noticed is how smart and clean the motel was with a large tidy carpark. Judy was very friendly at reception and showed us our double room unit. Fit for a king ( and best of all - no complaints from our friends!)

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Aveda. Nothing was too much trouble for Judy. The staff were happily carrying out their duties with cheery good morning greetings. I suspect Judy has a very efficent systems programme as everything was set up really well.

Thank you for having a website that clearly explains the sleeping arrangements and facilities,
We got caught up the coast with my husband sleeping in a small bunk!

Our room was spacious and superb. Plenty of room to be used a base room if a group stayed
and used extra rooms for sleeping.

Well done Judy. The design of your complex and service is exemplary.

Room Tip: Some units were upstairs
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Utopia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

The motor lodge is 35 minutes from Auckland Airport. However, we had refused to stay at the accommodation that had been booked for us, a brave call when most of the city and environs was booked out. When we arrived at 6.30pm, tired and frustrated Judy, the owner was extremely welcoming. We were given a newly appointed studio apartment which was roomy, spotless with a king sized bed and air conditioning. The tariff, $130 p/n was well spent. In fact Judy's eye for detail is what sets this accommodation apart from many others we have stayed in. Well done Judy, we will recommend our Aussie friends stay with you.

Room Tip: Steps - Request ground floor
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Aveda Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!