“Worst holiday ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bettystown Court Conference & Leisure Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bettystown
Bettystown Court Conference & Leisure Hotel
Bettystown, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Bettystown
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Worst holiday ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

went for a four day break here in august 2011 with my partner, 4 year old son and i was 7 months pregnant. when we arrived are room smelled of sick so they moved us to a different room which was terrible as the people next door stayed up partying the whole night while there kids were running riot up and and down the halls so we didnt get any sleep we rang to complain and basically there bwas no reception staff there and the porter said there was nothing he could do. food wasnt nice, service was terrible and kids club was an empty hall with no toys or equipment. complete waste of money

Room Tip: never go to this hotel is my tip

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I am not surprised this hotel is closing down. Was the worst place I have ever stayed in. Booked the hotel for two nights with one evening meal, when we arrived they did not have our booking even though they had taken a note of my credit card details. The manager was about 12 and had not got a clue. So after packing up three children, myself and my husband for two nights the hotel could only take us for one night, but this was a blessing as the place was such a dump! Booked our evening meal for 9 in the restuarant and when we arrived in restuarant they didn't have our booking! This hotel was badly run down and the staff did not have a clue what they were at!

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My Fiance and myself went to view a number of wedding venues around the vicinity.. After a long time trying to find the right venue we were delighted when we got our wedding venue booked here. We were so happy with the venue and how we were treated.. Due to our devastation we received a phone call that the hotel was closing down and our wedding venue was cancelled.. We were so angry but needed to find another perfect venue we were happy with but with very little time. Our first show around was with the four star CityNorth Hotel, we met with the wedding planner and from the greeting on arrival to the show around and great package we received, we knew this was the place. A lovely touch was we were brought into a personalised wedding studio were our appointment took place, even had some small toys for my 2year old to play with.We so happy with the the help they gave us and we confirmed within a few days. I cannot wait for my special day now in July and looking forward to seeing what they have at their wedding fair on the 19th of February. Looking back now we're extremely happy with the change and the treatment were receiving.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We were very disappointed in the staff at this hotel.
The car-park spaces underneath the hotel are extremely tight, almost impossible to reverse into, and when we said this to the reception on check-in, I got no reply or comment at all....
The swimming pool was very cold, though the kids still enjoyed it - and there was no lifeguard on duty at all while we were there - I mentioned this also at reception as a health and safety issue, and again received the blank stare with no commen.
The breakfast was rotten - better to just book room rate if you stay here and eat breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
lisburn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

When we 1st arrived at recepition to book in as we had already booked , and when we booked we were told that for 2 nts it would be 99euro and thats why we booked it but when we went 2 recepition he wouldnt let us stay for that and he mite of well called us a liar he then said if u remember the name of the person who took the booking he could talk to her which we didint know this went on for a while and then my daughter in law came running in with the baby who had been sick all over the car and herself he asked if she wanted a glass of water the baby only takes bottles as she is a baby he never even asked if we wanted to use a room to sort the child out we had to do it in recepition , he then refused us are stay in front of a lot of people i said im sure the girl that took the booking name should be on the computer as doing this he then said it was after telling us he didnt know who it was then said she was on leave and wouldnt phone her , we have stayed at this hotel for a number of years and never did i feel so embrassted in all my life we left the hotel and had to find other accomadition we had a few problems when we stayed there before but that was the worst and we will never be back

Room Tip: ask for a front room the view is lovely
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
waterford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We booked this hotel for 2 nights but checked out after 1 night,We had 4 rooms booked, it was awful from the minute we checked in, first thing you see is dirty windows & glass in lobby,As for the rooms, looked like the beds were made by kids, no toilet rolls in bathrooms, dirty toilet seats,no remote conrol for television, no ash tray in smoking room, I brought all of this to the attention of the "Manager" , nothing done , we only got a pull out bed for one of the kids at 11.30 at night, Went down for breakfast the next morning, big mistake, We stuck to the floor in the dining room as we walked in, it was so dirty, awful food, no selection, filthy crockery & trays, We demanded a refund for all of our rooms & left, we then had to look for another hotel for that night, we were very lucky & checked into a lovely hotel & enjoyed the rest of our weekend, Would not recoommend this hotel to anybody, it was the pits, it should be closed down indefinitely....

Room Tip: stay as far away as possible
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
derry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

After reading recent reviews I was dreading going ahead with my booking but I have to say I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. They did a kids club at night time which my 2 really enjoyed. The swimming pool they also loved but it was extremely cold.
I can see however why people have the really bad comments posted as some of the staff are a bit all over the show. I had booked a package that was to include dinner but was told twice that no I had booked a B&B rate. This was our last stop as we had been travelling around so I wasn't 100% sure myself and couldn't get logged on as their wi-fi connection isnt great. When I did get my email to show that we should have been on a dinner rate it was too late as we had been out all day and had already eaten. The guy at reception was to check it out and get back to me. He didn;t and I had to explain the whole thing the next morning again - which he did take something off the bill then. However on both mornings there were a few complaining customers, I was just thankful it wasn't me.
One little point - the bar staff need to learn their ties needs to be around their neck and the knot shouldn't be down towards their waistline - not a good look, not very professional!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bettystown Court Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!