“Dont think we'll be back” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bettystown Court Conference & Leisure Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bettystown
Bettystown Court Conference & Leisure Hotel
You added Bettystown Court Conference & Leisure Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bettystown, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bettystown
Dublin
“Dont think we'll be back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We went down to this hotel for the June bank holiday. We have been there a good few times and even told friends to go there and always found it really great. I dont know what happened this time but it was awful. The rooms and the pool could have been cleaner and we were waiting for nearly an hour for tea and toast with our breakfeast. The tables in the dining room were dirty and there no glass'es for juice.We were really dissappointed

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
WICKLOW IRELAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed for three days mid-week. When I booked the room I asked for a room in the front of the hotel and non smoking. When we arrived the receptionist was very nice and we got the room we asked for even though the hotel was fairly full.
No problems with the room everything worked and.very clean. Had dinner in the hotel on the first night, now we might have left it a bit late and we put it down to this reason but the food was not great my pork was dry and tasteless and my wife's chicken tasted like a reheat in the microwave. Like the other reviewers the thing that annoyed us most was the kids running around and using the lift(kids club in the summer would solve this) Breakfast was grand no waiting got a table as soon as we arrived. Ate out the next night at FATE chinese restaurant got a five course meal for under 20euro. Food was excellent with most tables having seaview's.
Would we stay at the Bettystown Court Hotel again? Yes we would

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
tullamore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

stayed in the court first weekend in july and found to my surprise ( after reading some of the other reviews) that it is a nice clean well run hotel. the food was good the room large and clean but there was no remote for the TV. used the pool and sauna which was lovely. walking distance of all amenities, what more can you ask for. no probs checking in or out and a lovely attentive receptionest who had everything under control dispite a large number of people knocking about. will stay again without doubt.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
flic2000
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I was slightly cautious in booking for myself and my family into the hotel after reading the reviews that i saw online, however my sister stayed last year and convinced me to stay, we called up and got a great deal from reservations for a 2 night package with one evening meal and the kids dined free (what more can you ask for). we arrived too early for checkin and our room was not yet ready, although the receptionist offered to take our bags and store them for us, and was able to point out the bar which was serving food, and also some nearby attractions inculding funtasia which by the way is within walking distance of the hotel. We decided to go into the bar and order bar food, i had salmon, my wife had bangers and mash, and the kids had nuggets and chips and sausages and chips. The food was lovely and the bar staff were more than helpful. Half way through the meal the receptionist came looking for us and just informed us that our room was ready.
We were checked in quickly and everything was explained to us i.e. where the leisure centre was located, breakfast times, and dinner times, and we were told that breakfast is busy between 9.30 and 10.30 and if possible to avoid those times.
The room we were checked into was large and spacious, with a double bed, and x2 singles for the kids, it was a front facing room so the view was not too bad, although there is what looks like unfinished apartments at the rear of the hotel which i can only imagine would spoil the view.
we dined on the first night in a local chinese restaurant chans which has beautiful food and i would highly recommend it.
We let the kids go to the swimming pool which the facilities which i could see were excellent. we also used the sauna and jacuzzi which was top notch. the only thing to note is that you have to go to the leisure centre reception for the changing room codes not the hotel reception.
the second night we dined in the hotels Howards Restaurant not knowing what to expect, but the food was super. The flavours were like an explosion in your mouth and we cleaned all of our plates. the staff were really friendly and the male supervisor made sure everything was ok and even went out of his way to find out a football score for me.
we decided to have a drink in the bar after dinner, and again the staff were helpful, and even entertaining to our two kids.
Breakfast on the first morning was fine with no problems, and was your usual 4* hotel breakfast, although i was somewhat disapointed that they didnt have any newspapers. The second morning however we arrived down for breakfast at around 9.15 and we could then see why reception warned us about the peak times. We only had to wait for about 5 minutes for a table as they were resetting them as they went and a female supervisor quickly got us seated, my only complaint about the breakfast other than the short wait was that the tea/coffee and toast service was a little slow.
Checkout was hassle free, and we WILL be returning later this summer. I can only imagine that when the schools are on this would make a lovely hotel for a romantic getaway - its a very modern stylish hotel.
Also note that the internet access in the hotel requires a lead, luckily i had my own but when we asked at reception they told us that they had all been lent out to other rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room if possible
Omagh, Co Tyrone
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed the weekend of 24th June and have to say for what I paid it was pretty ok. One major downside was that practically every glass we were given from the bar was dirty with lipstick marks - can't understand how the bar staff didn't notice given that there were so many like this! Another thing, the cleaner decided to take my toothbrush on the Saturday morning while cleaning the room, for what reason I don't know??? God help the recption staff on Saturday night because it was like a creche in the foyer. I agree with the other commentator, the queue for breakfast was so long and slow on Sunday morning that I settled for tea and toast otherwise I would have been there most of the morning! And we ate in the restaurant on the first night and it was just ok, they are clearly fond of frozen food!!

In saying all this, I think I would stay again sometime.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I was very disappointed with my stay in this hotel this weekend and myself and my family will not be returning. Firstly no towels at the pool all weekend, the temp of the pool water was too cold , the noise and behaviour at the reception area and front door on Friday night was unacceptable at 1am in the morning , It took approx half hour to get thru to reception to order a sandwich. But above all the most annoying and frustrating part of my stay was the heat in my room on the Sat night . I am 8 months pregnant , have 2 small children aged 1 and 2 and it was one of the hottest nights of the year I could not open the window for fear the kids might climb up to it being on the third floor the safety catch was not safe enough in my view and the rad was on full blast , When I tried to call down to reception at 12 midnight to complain there as again no answer I had to get dressed and walk down only to be told there was no way the heat could be turned off and they would send a fan to the room , When the fan arrived the noise of it woke my children . To say it was the most unpleasant stay would be an understatement . I think the Brennan brothers need to look at improving their own businesses before trying to improve anyone elses in the future.

Room Tip: Dont come here
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I stayed at the Bettystown a few years ago and thought it was great so when i got an offer to go again i didnt hesistate to book, however when i read all these negative reviews i was nervous about what to expect.

I travelled this weekend (25th June) and there were a lot of families and large groups.

I got checked in no problem and staff were helpful in pointing out restaurant, pool, bar etc.

The rooms are tired and not what they used to be, but they were clean as was the swimming pool and leisure facilities.

To agree with the English reviewer below, yes BBC1 and BBC2 doesnt work, but you are in Ireland, try watching the national channels RTE 1 AND RTE 2.

There was an event in the hotel on the Friday night and the music went on til 1pm but after this time it was easier to sleep.

Breakfast on the first morning was fine, lovely no problems, however on the sunday we had to wait on our food - they had ran out of bacon, eggs and we had ot wait for them to be cooked, the breakfast room was bedlam, however they did have signs up in the elevator to let people know about this and i think they were doing their best.

All in all we had a pleasant stay - what do people expect for the price.

If you are looking for a cheap deal and have young children who are easily entertained by the pool and the amusements int the village, then go to Bettystown.
If you want a romantic, 5 star getaway, go and pay the prices to do so.....

There were a lot of unattended children running about over the weekend, but what can you do, kids will be kids thier parents seemed happy to sit in the bar and let them run riot.

Bettystown itself is fine if you want a chilled out weekend with a fdrink in the local pub. we ate in FATE chinese which was lovely and other people who were with us ate int he restaurant next door and they loved their meal also.

Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back if you dont like noise
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bettystown Court Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!