“Worst food ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dongguan, China
“Worst food ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Myself and my family ate in here a few months ago, I think years ago the food was supposed to be nice, but it is far from that now. We called in one Sunday afternoon around 4pm. This was in last year, Service was slow to come over to us and eventually took our order. When the food arrived, we had ordered two steak dinners, My husband had fish and Supposedly home made chips and two other kids had chicken nuggets and chips. Where do I start, the steak was practically inedible I would have had more luck eating my shoe. My son had the same problem and I have never seen him leave a piece of steak on his plate but after trying to chew one piece of steak after the other and taking over 5 mins each piece to swallow it even he had to give up. We called over the waitress, which I can honestly say I have never done before to complain about a meal, and said the steak was awful and inedible. I had eaten about two or three bites, my son had probably tried to eat nearer half. She said she would talk to the chef, so I expected her to come back and offer us another dinner at least, Did she NO never came back near us at all. My husband ate his dinner but said his veg was hard and the home made chips were disguisting, cooked probably twice at least. Kids said chicken nuggets were not nice and only ate 2 or 3 out of the 6, they said the chips were not nice either. So went up to pay and I said my dinner was awful and so was my sons. She never charged me for my dinner but charged me for my sons. Never apologised for the awful dinner or mentioned it again. I should not have paid for the other steak dinner either but I stupidly did. This played on my mind so the next day I rang up and asked to speak to the manager. A gentleman who seemed very nice and apoligised for the service and the poor quality food we received, offered to post me out a voucher to come back annonimously and try again and he said it was a one off. I said ok everyone has a bad day. NEVER RECEIVED MY VOUCHER!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Westport, Ireland
“Tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

stopped here on saturday with my husband after lovely walk in glenveagh national park and had the nicest bowl of soup and sandwich here! staff were very friendly and would def recommend stopping here, great value as well!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern Ireland
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

stopped here for lunch, had the seafood chowder. Would definately recommend it. Served with home made wheaten bread........could not have asked for better. If I had been in a 4 star restaurant, could not have got better or tastier food.

this pub/restaurant is just outside Letterkenny on the road to Dunfanaghey - if on this road, definately stop for a bite of food. Great food and great value for money.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Donegal Town, Ireland
“went to a party there the food was excelent and music great, It a great place fora meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

very clean and food lovely great place for a party

Visited June 2012
Drogheda, Ireland
“So good we went 3 times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Ate here 3 days in a row last week. Each meal was yummy and the service was very very good. Good value for money too

Visited July 2012

Been to The Lagoon Restaurant & Guesthouse? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Lagoon Restaurant & Guesthouse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.