“Excellent ” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Mossley
“Excellent ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Took my dad here for his birthday. Advised against the mixed grill because there's too much to eat. Plumped for the ribeye. Outstanding food and great service in a really comfortable atmosphere. One criticism - when we say no salad we mean no salad. The "chefs presentation" should take second place to what the customer asks for please.
Strongly recommend this hidden gem and will be a regular visitor when in this neck of the woods

Admaston, United Kingdom
“Very poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband, our 2 children and I arrived at The Bull Hotel in Abergele at 7pm on Bank Holiday Monday and were allocated a table for 4, one of only two remaining, as the pub was quite busy. We were advised by the barman that there would be a wait of 30-40 minutes for food as the kitchen was very busy. We considered this acceptable & ordered some drinks which, unfortunately, the barman got wrong! We asked for orange JUICE and lemonade but were given orange cordial & lemonade. Nevertheless, we took our seats & chose our meals. We went to the bar to place our order & were told that someone would come to the table to take our order. After 30 minutes of waiting, still no one came. After 40 minutes the barman approached us & told us that the chef would not take any more orders until 8pm so we got up and left. We had our very hungry son (10) and daughter (7) with us & considered this to be too long to wait for our order to only just be taken, let alone for the food to be served so we went to Mc Donalds, just down the road instead where we were served instantly & finally got our evening meal. Very sad that you get much better service at a chain establishment than supporting a local business.
We were very disappointed with the service as we had read the other reviews on Trip Advisor before making the journey to Abergele, paying for parking & a round or incorrect drinks only to end up at Mc Donalds due to The Bull's ineptitude! If it's busy, don't bother...

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We went to The Bull for an early evening meal with our 18 month old, I have to say honestly when we went in, me and my husband looked at each other as if to say, shall we go back out!?! It looked like a local pub that didn't cater for tourists. We were pleasantly surprised, the dining area was separate and cosy, the food was delicious and very reasonably priced. I had lasagne and my husband had gammon steak ( which was ginormous!) our little one had a child's portion of lasagne which was actually quite big for a child's meal and again very reasonable. I have to say it is worth a visit, and just shows you shouldn't judge by first appearances. Yum, well done!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester
“Faultless, every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had a meal yesterday evening (a table of six of us) and could not fault any single aspect of our dining experience. The food was wonderful, tasty and fresh with a great choice on the menu. The service was second to none and our meals were served promptly and all the same time.

It continually amazes me how the standard remains consistently high and the service is so too, even when busy and the dining room has several large parties to look after. I will continue to visit The Bull time and again because of the consistency, plus the staff are fantastic. 10/10 to you all and hope to see you soon :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food, Atomosphere and Very Clean Toilets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

A friend and I were having a catch up as we hadn't seen each other for some time. we chose to go to the Bull and boy are we glad we did.
Great Food, Massive Portions, Friendly Staff, and Exceptionally Clean Toilets.
I don't usually use public toilets but I really needed to on Friday Evening (Bladder cant hold like it used to). However, I was pleasantly surprised to find they smelt and looked very clean indeed.
Great place to eat, drink, and socialise.
Thank you all at the Bull, overall wonderful experience and will be coming back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere