The castle is an easy drive through the Scottish countryside from Edinburgh. Fortuitously, the Laird of the castle was in residence the night we stayed, and he was the perfect host. The drawing room had a huge fire roaring and we had a few wines whilst learning the history of the castle and surrounding areas.
The included breakfast was superb. The rooms, the service and the ambience could not be faulted. An absolute highlight of the trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcaldine Castle offers something truly beautiful. A Scottish Castle set on the shores of Loch Creran with breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains of Glencoe in early Spring to the golden colours of Autumn - a memorable experience awaits you.The sumptuous interiors are carefully designed to encourage our guests to immerse themselves in the atmosphere of relaxation. Unobtrusive and calm, we aim to make your stay as memorable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Barcaldine Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcaldine Castle Hotel Benderloch
- Barcaldine Castle Benderloch, Scotland