Just returned from a really nice short break in the Peak District, with my husband and two friends. We stayed at Manifold Inn in Hulme End, just outside Hartington and had a very pleasant stay. Old outhouses/ annex buildings seem to have been utilized and converted to guest rooms, as well as a couple of rooms in the main building. Because of this, sadly, the views from the rooms aren’t of the lovely surrounding scenery but of main Inn/pub building and the car park. Rooms are individually (& recently re-) decorated and laid out, so some are smaller than others. Ours wasn’t the largest room I’ve ever stayed in but was fine for what we wanted. Our bedroom was very clean. While the bathroom was also clean it did feel a bit “tired” However I did feel for the rate we paid, our room was what you would expect.
Our friend’s room next door was smaller than ours however and was just that bit too small for comfort; also it had less storage space. Our main gripe was the shower. Our friends also experienced the same problem. It seemed that if anyone else was using theirs in our block the pressure dropped to a dribble and/or the water went cold. Like true Brits we didn’t mention anything until we checked out when the manager assured us if we had mentioned it earlier it would have been investigated. He said there had been a plumber working on our block earlier in the week on an unrelated issue. He assured us he would get him straight back in to investigate. Breakfast was very good and set us up for our day’s walking. The evening menu was quite varied for a pub and with a range of prices. All the food we had in the 3 evenings we were there was very nice, which was great as all you want after a long walk is to meander down to the bar and have a nice meal and a few drinks before limping off to bed! One bonus we had was that the local brass band used the (closed) restaurant for rehearsal on Sunday evening, so we had a free concert while we ate. In summary The Manifold Inn is ideal base for a walking holiday in the Peak District in this price range & we would return if going back to this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manifold Inn is a delightful 200 year old coaching inn and restaurant that offers warm hospitality and quality home cooked food for visitors to the beautiful White Peak. The mellow stone inn is positioned within its own grounds nestling on the banks of the Manifold River, opposite The Old Toll House which used to serve the turnpike and river ford. This beautiful listed building is positioned close to a number of popular walking and cycling routes, including the Manifold Trail, set amongst the famous Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Dales which offer some of England's most natural and unspoilt scenery. The Manifold Inn is the perfect place to use as a base for exploring the surrounding natural countryside of the White Peak area or to visit the local Market towns of Bakewell & Ashbourne or Spa towns of Buxton & Matlock and their surrounding attractions. Open all year round and all days most of the year we offer our guests a range of Ales, Larger, Cider, Wines and Soft Drinks. We serve a traditional English Breakfast to guests and in the Summer to Campers. A Lunch Menu is available and during the Summer a Snack Menu if you are just looking for a quick bite to eat. A full Dinner Menu and Wine List is available to be served in our Bar, Conservatory, Snug or Restaurant. We can cater for Dinner Party groups for around 40 guests. We offer 10 en-suite hotel rooms and a 2 bedroom holiday cottage to guests. We often have bookings from large family groups attending a birthday and wedding or walking and cycling groups who want to get to together and enjoy a weekend in the beautiful local area around the River Manifold. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Manifold Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manifold Hotel Hartington
- The Manifold Inn Hartington, United Kingdom