I never write reviews for anything really, but I want to go the extra mile with Hartington Hall. I'm really happy about having chosen such a lovely place to stay while in the Peak District. The grounds and the building itself are absolutely beautiful and the staff are very helpful. I remember Adam the most, who was always very chatty and kind: he lit a fire for us in the library and put some alcoholic ginger beers in the fridge for us so we could have them cold. I had a great experience at this hostel. We were in a few different rooms because I booked the rooms incorrectly (completely my fault, lol, but the plus side is that I got to see more of the hostel). The female receptionist was kind enough to move us to a double bed according to their availability on the last night. The rooms were all clean and well put together; they varied in size, but all in all, they were nice. We got to stay in Bonnie Prince Charlie's room, which is this gorgeous, wood paneled bedroom with a double bed and an ensuite shower. Essentially, I am in love with this place, lol.
As for the area, there's loads of walks you can do (like Dovedale), Buxton is about 20 minutes away by car and Chatsworth House (where they filmed part of Pride and Prejudice) is 30 minutes away. Go having done your research. There's plenty to do if you're well informed. If you have kids and want to do a bit of everything, you can go to Alton Towers as well, which isn't far either.
Keep in mind that this is a hostel, not a hotel, so bring towels, shampoo, soap, hairdryer, and whatever else you might bring on a trip. Hartington is pretty good about providing bed linens, which is also great. All in all, my stay at Hartington Hall made for an amazing trip that was really relaxing and just the thing we needed.
- Also Known As:
- Hartington Hall Hotel
- Hartington Hall Hotel Hartington
- Hartington Hall YHA United Kingdom
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Log fires, oak panelling and adventure playground - all make this 17th century manor house perfect for weekend breaks in Derbyshire. Did you know that Bonnie Prince Charlie even slept here? The hostel is in a lovely, unspoilt area - great for activity breaks, walking holidays and cycling holidays. Use this great accommodation as a base to explore Alton Towers and Chatsworth House nearby. If you're looking at wedding venues in Derbyshire, you can get married at YHA Hartington Hall, have the hall as a magnificent backdrop to your photos, and then stay in our self-contained suite 'The Roost'. Don't miss the pets area and games room - great for family fun. Good home-cooked meals are available in our restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelBookers, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Hartington Hall YHA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.