“Saved my sanity! THE place to relax!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ponta dos Ganchos

Save Saved
You added Ponta dos Ganchos to your Saves list
Ponta dos Ganchos
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Elpidio Alves Do Nasimento 104, Governador Celso Ramos, State of Santa Catarina 8819000, Brazil   |
Brazil
“Saved my sanity! THE place to relax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is THE place to go if you wanna get a taste of nature, a beautiful small beach, superb oysters, great service, amazing mattress, stunning views and peace (yes, a lot of peace cause this is not the place to party or meet new people). I live in Sao Paulo and all it took was an hour flight to Florianopolis and then another 1 hour drive to the hotel.

I took a taxi at the airport (look for the registered one, just in front of the arrival gate, it is way cheaper than hiring the hotel car). Ok, I needed to have a feeling that I was saving something cause the hotel is a total splurge, more expensive than 5 star hotels in Paris or NY, but I went there cause I was desperate to rest and press my head's ctrl + alt + del (and it was worth it).

Bring comfortable shoes if you enjoy exploring. Also, they have repellent inside the room, but it is good to have yours when you wanna take a walk. And if you get tired of sun bathing, they have kayaks, stand up boards and the staff at the beach never let you out of water or just a cold beer to enjoy the view or the little fishes on the beach

I liked my bungalow, it had an amazing view of the bay. You can choose to have dinner at the restaurant or in the privacy of your room. I loved watching the sunset while taking a bubble bath on the deck, drinking champagne and tasting those amazing oysters that they have. It was a total bliss. But the amenities weren't suitable to the cost of the room, unfortunately. Anyway, the room is super comfy.

This is a couple's paradise but it doesnt mean that you wouldnt have a good time going there solo. The guests are discreet, they dont't interact much with each other (at least when I was there).

The food is great, which is something very important considering how secluded the hotel is. The breakfast is also very good, an 8 course menu that is different every day. And having breakfast while watching the sea is truly relaxing.

Cnsidering that the hotel is secluded, you wont learn about the culture of the place nor talk to a lot of people. This is somewhere to be safe from any harassment and relax.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

What can be said of this amazing place. Relaxing, beautiful, serene, tranquil. The staff is attentive, polite and humble. They do things here that rarely happen...they anticipate your needs before you realize what it is you'll need OR want. A truly magical place in one of the most beautiful settings and safest areas in all of Brazil. I will recommend it to everyone I know and will most definitely be back myself!!
Amazing.

Room Tip: The newer private bungalows were our favorite, the architecture on these was more our taste.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Together with my Husband stayed at this wonderful resort. Everything was really great! our room was beautiful, elegant and comfortable! the view was stunning! and a great service. the breakfast really good, with a 10-course menu that changes every day, all very fresh and good! during our stay were in the program of special dinners made ​​by an Italian chef Bernardo Constantine, truly amazing and delicious! a wonderful experience!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed at Ponta Dos Ganchos for four days - the first leg of our honeymoon, and we loved every bit of it. Here's why:
-The Resort itself is beautiful. Grounds are impeccable, has amazing views, and there are several little areas to just lounge.
-The villas were fantastic. We utilized the hot tub on our deck every day; the beds were perfect; bathrooms/shower/steam room were great.
-Service is excellent. As soon as soon as you leave your room, someone comes in and cleans it up (w/o you noticing of course). They greet you by name when you check in. The beds have different comforters for the day v. night.
-Small touches: Chocolates are left on your nightstand with your initials, my first coffee had my husband and my name in a heart (corny, but cute), and the list goes on.
-Food: The food, which is included, is really great. The breakfast is 10 small courses with breads baked daily, lunch and dinner offer a variety of options that could compete with a very nice restaurant, and pretty much everything I tasted was phenomenal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I love this hotel, its actually one of the nicest hotels I ever stayed in.
Great Service !
Great Food !
Great Rooms !
Nice staff. I landed late in Florianopolis airport but had the driver waiting for me.
Only the next morning I discovered how nice this property is.
will go back anytime

Room Tip: Book the Beyoncé Suite :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The resort was definitely the best of where we have stayed in Brasil. The service even comes close to the top Japanese resorts.

Villa was just beautiful with great views, right space, perfectly functioning AC. The cleaning ladies had walkie-talkie, and would immediately leave once you would approach villa.

The food at the restaurant I found to be average in comparison to top resorts in the world, however the Food and Beverages manager is a an amazing woman with high emotional intelligence.

The beach would get crowded at times, however you can still find privacy if desired.

I highly recommend Ponta dos Gonchos, you need to come here in order to understand that not all hotels in Brasil offer such loosy service like in Rio.

Room Tip: I asked for a villa with the best view, and I had it
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Khartoum, Sudan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I stumbled across this resort whilst planning our honeymoon in Brazil.We were looking for a peaceful,romantic experience and after looking at the pictures and reading the reviews we decided that Ponta dos Ganchos was exactly what we were looking for.Nonetheless no pictures or reviews will do this piece of heaven justice. Whether its the exquisite setting, fantastic location or hospitality of the staff our experience was a life changing one indeed. The staff ensures that all requests are met and are constantly up to service. Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised with a bungalow upgrade and enjoyed the lavish services provided from a heated swimming pool on the terrace, a jacuzzi with a spectacular view and to a sauna.Words aren't enough to describe the beauty of this place or the romantic vibes it sends out. This was definitely the highlight of our honeymoon and worth every penny spent. They were our 2 days in paradise.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the heated swimming pool on the terrace, jacuzzi and Sauna.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ponta dos Ganchos? Share your experiences!