This is THE place to go if you wanna get a taste of nature, a beautiful small beach, superb oysters, great service, amazing mattress, stunning views and peace (yes, a lot of peace cause this is not the place to party or meet new people). I live in Sao Paulo and all it took was an hour flight to Florianopolis and then another 1 hour drive to the hotel.
I took a taxi at the airport (look for the registered one, just in front of the arrival gate, it is way cheaper than hiring the hotel car). Ok, I needed to have a feeling that I was saving something cause the hotel is a total splurge, more expensive than 5 star hotels in Paris or NY, but I went there cause I was desperate to rest and press my head's ctrl + alt + del (and it was worth it).
Bring comfortable shoes if you enjoy exploring. Also, they have repellent inside the room, but it is good to have yours when you wanna take a walk. And if you get tired of sun bathing, they have kayaks, stand up boards and the staff at the beach never let you out of water or just a cold beer to enjoy the view or the little fishes on the beach
I liked my bungalow, it had an amazing view of the bay. You can choose to have dinner at the restaurant or in the privacy of your room. I loved watching the sunset while taking a bubble bath on the deck, drinking champagne and tasting those amazing oysters that they have. It was a total bliss. But the amenities weren't suitable to the cost of the room, unfortunately. Anyway, the room is super comfy.
This is a couple's paradise but it doesnt mean that you wouldnt have a good time going there solo. The guests are discreet, they dont't interact much with each other (at least when I was there).
The food is great, which is something very important considering how secluded the hotel is. The breakfast is also very good, an 8 course menu that is different every day. And having breakfast while watching the sea is truly relaxing.
Cnsidering that the hotel is secluded, you wont learn about the culture of the place nor talk to a lot of people. This is somewhere to be safe from any harassment and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ponta dos Ganchos Resort is located on a privately-owned peninsula that juts out from the southern Brazilian coast between picturesque fishing villages, making it one of the most exclusive beach resorts in Brazil. A single hop from São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro or Buenos Aires, this romantic hideaway makes dreams a reality: 25 sophisticated and charming bungalows in perfect harmony with the breathtaking scenery. Here the waters of the Emerald coast meet the lush rainforest vegetation in a dazzling display of colour and light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, MrandMrsSmith and Odigeo so you can book your Ponta dos Ganchos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponta Dos Ganchos Hotel Governador Celso Ramos
- Ponta Dos Ganchos Brazil/Governador Celso Ramos, Santa Catarina