The resort was definitely the best of where we have stayed in Brasil. The service even comes close to the top Japanese resorts.
Villa was just beautiful with great views, right space, perfectly functioning AC. The cleaning ladies had walkie-talkie, and would immediately leave once you would approach villa.
The food at the restaurant I found to be average in comparison to top resorts in the world, however the Food and Beverages manager is a an amazing woman with high emotional intelligence.
The beach would get crowded at times, however you can still find privacy if desired.
I highly recommend Ponta dos Gonchos, you need to come here in order to understand that not all hotels in Brasil offer such loosy service like in Rio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a private peninsula, surrounded by a fisherman village on Brazil's south coast, it is the country's most exclusive beach resort. Within a short distance from Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires, this romantic getaway delivers the dream: a ridge of Green Mountains runs down to the clear water of the Emerald Coast, where three little islands meet a stunning white sandy bay. Contemporary interiors in 25 beautiful bungalows mix comfort and refinement on a rustic style and the service that is second to none. The Restaurant lies within meters from the beach, provides a great wine list (with over 220 options); for lunch and dinner a diversified and sophisticated menu is on offer at any hour - the doors only shuts when the last guest leaves. If you are looking for something more romantic, cross a small bridge and get to one of the islands where you will find a gazebo that's specially decorated at night with flowers and candles for only one couple per night have dinner. There's an indoor pool, tennis, games room, snooker room, fitness centre, restaurant, bars, business centre, and even a private cinema. Massages, ecological trails, snorkeling, scuba diving, and boat trips are also on offer. Due to local landscape and in order to maintain calm and tranquility, we do not accept children under 18 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Ponta dos Ganchos Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponta Dos Ganchos Hotel Governador Celso Ramos
- Ponta Dos Ganchos Resort Brazil/Governador Celso Ramos, Santa Catarina