My wife and I stayed here for four nights to finish our honeymoon and it ended up being the highlight of our trip! The entire experience of staying at Ponta dos Ganchos was unbelievable beginning from the complimentary airport transfers from Florianopolis airport to the resort (which is a 40 minute drive outside of the city) to the exceptional service and facilities at the resort itself. Highlights for us would include our bungalow (which included 2 toilets, 2 giant shower heads, spa, pool and sauna! You could easily stay at the bungalow all day and still have a great time), the hike to a stunning nearby secluded beach (accompanied by our guide Mikhail - great guy!) and the overall service from all the staff. One funny observation we had is that all staff wore headpieces and would communicate to their colleagues by whispering into these headpieces whenever they saw you, I guess it was their way to ensure someone would be there to greet us wherever we were... Felt like they were the CIA or something!
Overall - it was an unbelievable experience and one which we'll remember for a very long time, despite being very pricey it is definitely worth the money we paid! One day when we go back to Brazil we would definitely look to do it all over again at Ponta dos Ganchos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a private peninsula, surrounded by a fisherman village on Brazil's south coast, it is the country's most exclusive beach resort. Within a short distance from Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires, this romantic getaway delivers the dream: a ridge of Green Mountains runs down to the clear water of the Emerald Coast, where three little islands meet a stunning white sandy bay. Contemporary interiors in 25 beautiful bungalows mix comfort and refinement on a rustic style and the service that is second to none. The Restaurant lies within meters from the beach, provides a great wine list (with over 220 options); for lunch and dinner a diversified and sophisticated menu is on offer at any hour - the doors only shuts when the last guest leaves. If you are looking for something more romantic, cross a small bridge and get to one of the islands where you will find a gazebo that's specially decorated at night with flowers and candles for only one couple per night have dinner. There's an indoor pool, tennis, games room, snooker room, fitness centre, restaurant, bars, business centre, and even a private cinema. Massages, ecological trails, snorkeling, scuba diving, and boat trips are also on offer. Due to local landscape and in order to maintain calm and tranquility, we do not accept children under 18 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, T4B, Priceline, Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith and Hotels.com so you can book your Ponta dos Ganchos Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponta Dos Ganchos Hotel Governador Celso Ramos
- Ponta Dos Ganchos Resort Brazil/Governador Celso Ramos, Santa Catarina