Myself, husband and 19 year old daughter have just returned from a week in one of the 2 bedroom villas at the hotel. We arrived at about 11pm after flying into Larnaca Airport (about 1 hour 20 minutes transfer - which was arranged by the hotel) and were warmly welcomed and shown to our villa. We had an air conditioned 2 bedroom villa which was very spacious and had a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the lovely gardens and to the left we could see the mountains!
The following morning we made our way to breakfast which we had on the terrace overlooking the pool. There was a good selection of food for breakfast - toast, cereals, eggs, bread, meat, cheese, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, there was always some hot food on offer too.
After breakfast we explored the gardens where we found grape vines, date palms, fig trees and plenty of flowers.
Lunches were available at the poolside and the selection was very good.
The pool was always very inviting and never crowded, plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas to sit under. The best thing about the pool was the view of the mountains, it was hard to believe you were 5 minutes walk from a rocky cove and swimming in a pool with such beautiful views.
There was also a small pool for young children which was very safe.
Evening meals were served outside with views over the pool and gardens. We were half board and had a starter, a choice of three main meals and a desert. There was a good selection of English and local cuisine. It was also possible to choose meals from an a la carte menu.
All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
We hired a car for 5 days at £20 a day and took oureslves off to discover Northern Cyprus, what a treat, it is so unspoilt and quiet, the roads are very easy to drive on and quiet. We visited a beach where turtles lay there eggs and were lucky enough to see baby turtles being helped on there way by a conservation group. We went up into the mountains to visit a castle that is said to have inspired Walt Disney and had some spectacular views of the coast. A visit to the harbour is a must, there were plenty of cafes and restaurants and places to stop and admire the scenery. Whilst there my daughter booked a paragliding session, she was picked up from the hotel and SAFELY returned there after the event! This could have been booked from the hotel. As I said earlier Sue the hotel owner is only to pleased to be able to help with bookings.
We will definitely be returning to Mountain View again, we had such a relaxing holiday in a very friendly environment in an area that still hasn't been spoilt. A quiet, peaceful holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mountain View Hotel is a 3 star family-run holiday hotel located west of Kyrenia. We're just 5 minutes drive from the city center and a few minutes’ walk from the beach. We pride ourselves in being a family-run hotel for over 10 years; our aim is to make our customers always feel at home with us. People prefer our family-style hotel because of the quietness, privacy and friendly environment we offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HostelBookers, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Mountain View Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Hotel And Villas
- Mountain View Kyrenia
- Hotel Mountain View
- Mountain View Hotel & Villas Cyprus/Agios Georgios